Pest Control

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"When the fuck were you gonna tell me your name is Tyrese. Like the Reese that we've all been waiting for?" I whisper-yell at Reese.

"When should I have introduced myself? When we was fucking in the shower or before you ran off this morning?" Reese says.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest. He was right but damn, I was in a heap load of shit right now and it was all his fault. If he never approached me in the club, we wouldn't even be sneaking, having this conversation in the downstairs lobby of The Loft.

"Whatever, Ty or Reese, whatever you go by. Look, just don't tell my brother or Caesar about last night."

"You don't gotta worry about that. I'm not tryna catch a charge. When were you gonna tell me you was 17?" Reese says.

My stomach flip-flops. I never told him my age cause I didn't want to scare him off. Besides, I really didn't think I would ever see him again. So why would we start sharing trade secrets for one night of fun? Make it make sense.

"Honestly, I didn't think I would see you again so my age didn't even matter."

"Shid if it don't. You wouldn't be the one arrested. I am," Reese points at his chest when he talks.

I have to refrain from laughing at his antics only cause I can see how serious he is about this.

"Dude, does it look like I'ma run my mouth? Besides, you got more illegal shit going on. If the cops come asking questions, best believe it ain't cause of me. We got bigger fish to fry than a statuary rape case. Plus, if it makes you feel better, my birthday's in three months so technically, I'm seventeen and a half."

Reese deadpans me before rolling his eyes. I start laughing and pull him by his arm back to me.

"I'm sorry okay? I should have told you. But if I did, would you have even looked at me the same?" I say.

"Nah. I wouldn't have looked at you at all. I'm 21, Candyce. 17 is like a baby to me."

I wave my hand dismissively, "Oh please. Caesar's 21."

Reese scrunches his face up. "What does Caese have to do with anything?"

My eyes widen at my slip-up. Damn, Candyce. Just go around spilling all yo secrets to one night stands why don't you?

Just in time, Caesar and Ace steps off the elevator. I distance myself from Reese as they walk over to us.

"Everything good?" Ace asks me.

"Yeah. All cool," I say.

I twirl my finger around one of my curls to make it seem like I'm bored with having to entertain Reese for a few minutes.

"Candyce, you rolling with me," Ace says as he limps towards the lobby's front door,

"Where we going?" I ask.