They Come And Go

Chapter 33

Chapter 33

It feels like Deja Vu giving the girls in my club the welcome speech that Max and I came up with. The words I tell them are the same but the girls I tell them to aren't.

Trinity's absence hangs around the group like her spirit hasn't found peace yet. I hope that's not the case since we have enough working against us. The last thing we need is to add a ghost haunting to the list too.

Trinity may only be here in spirit but she's not the only one. A lot of the original girls never called back after I left voicemails telling them The Penthouse was open again. I don't know if it was Angel's hitman, Trinity's death or the boys' reaction to all of it that scared them off but I'm happy not everyone scares so easily.

Ebony, the boujiee black girl with skin the color of a toosie roll, is still here. She's been rolling her eyes and flipping her blonde Lemonade braids every chance she gets, but she's here and that's all that matters. She's dressed in a bright, yellow sundress like it's not 50 degrees outside, which really ain't all that surprising. You know what they say: a hoe never gets cold.

I'm a little surprised she came back since she didn't seem that excited about The Penthouse to begin with. She used to stay making snarky little comments about the way the club looked or how it was ran when she thought I was out of earshot. Tough talk for a bitch I found working at a stripclub I wouldn't step foot in if they paid me.

However, I've learned more about her in the last hour I've spent watching her turn her lip up every time one of the new girls asked a question. I'm starting to realize that the attitude isn't exclusive to me or the club. It's just the type of person she is.

Some of us are bitches when we have to be and others, like Ebony, are bitches just because.

She's the exact opposite of the small girl sitting in a chair beside her named Coreyell. Coreyell is sweet, a pushover at times, but sweet. She made the mistake of confiding in Euphoria when she first got here. Now the entire club, new and old employees alike, knew she got involved in this life after she got pregnant at fifteen. If what Euphoria said was true, then she lost the baby a few months into her pregnancy after her daddy found out and beat her senseless. He put her out and she been stripping ever since. Well, at least she was, until I hired her to work at The Penthouse.

On my salary, she was finally able to afford more than just her next meal. Her white Air Force 1s gleam under the club's lights and the jean jacket and tights combo she wears is undefeated. Her brown and honey blonde weave is almost as long as Leyla's natural black hair, who sits beside her.

Leyla, the thick Latina chick who's been shaking her foot impatiently since she got here, is dressed in a tight black dress with spaghetti straps barely holding her titties up. To her credit, she has a white fur coat draped across her shoulders to battle the weather outside.

It's as close to decent as Leyla was gonna' get. She's big fine and don't mind the whole world knowing. I honestly don't care what she wears, as long as she wears it through those doors. She was a real moneymaker opening night, and I'm happy to have her back.