Initiation

Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"So let me get this straight. You want me to go on a man-hunt for a weed connect 'cause you wanna' mind another man's business?"

I can't help but to roll my eyes to the back of my skull. I knew asking Caese for help wasn't gonna' be easy. Him and I haven't passed more than a few words to each other since Reese and I made it official. For the most part we been staying out of each other's way since I made it clear that I wasn't gonna' let him control me. Just because Ace left him in charge of his business, did not give him license over me too.

Now, I need his help so all that extra shit gotta go out of the window. This was Simon we were talking about. I know I'm not the toughest bitch there is but I know a lot more than Simon does about the streets. Sure, Caesar, Reese and Ace could probably do a much better job at putting him on game than I will but I'm the only one willing to step up. I mean it makes sense, though. Nobody's gonna go as hard for your people as you will. So, as much as Caesar is getting on my nerves right now, I gotta do what I gotta do to look out for the last brother I have left.

"He's not just some nigga, Caesar. He's my brother. And if I can recall correctly you said my brothers were yours too. You always talkin' like we one big family so now's the time to prove it."

Caesar looks up from the fold-up chair he's sitting in. Stacks of money covers the white table in front of him and until now, that's the only thing he's been focusing on since I walked into the room.

He wraps a rubber band around the stack in his hand. I'm trying to stay patient while he handles his business since I am the one who showed up to his Algiers trap spot without a head's up.

After he snaps the last rubber band around the stack of money in his hands, he calls over one of Ace's men to bag it for him.

"Aye make sure you don't put this with the rest of the money we got from this spot. Bring this to the Loft. Rico should know where to put it," Caesar says.

The dude who looks vaguely familiar to me nods his head at Caesar. I watch as he slides the rest of the money into the black duffle bag.

"Aight, Candyce," The man greets me as he slides past me.

"Bye," I mumble, since I still don't know his name.

Caesar spends the next few minutes handing out orders to everyone else. When the back room is cleared out, I'm left with Caesar, two stacks of money, and a rinky-dink ass file cabinet. There's no door on the hinges since Reese, who's in charge of this particular spot, likes to keep his eye on the girls who cook and bag the shit. The house ain't even that big so with the door gone, he can see every move everybody makes without moving from his seat.

"So why isn't he dropping off all the money in one spot?" I ask.

Caesar sighs, "There you go, minding other people's business again."