The Missing Link

Chapter 41

Chapter 41

The living room is loud with noise as everyone talks over each other tryna make their theories heard. So far, we've heard Simon suggest it was Angel, Reese say it was the cop who shot Tory, and Keezy wonder if Candyce is the type to run away when shit gets hard.

I don't know why he said that with Simon standing right next to him. Out of all of us, Simon is the only one stupid enough to cheap shot a hitter when he wasn't looking. I had to drag Simon out the room while Mad Max and 'nem held Keezy back before shit escalated.

The whole while I was dragging Simon away he was yelling that Ace left when Candyce stayed and how she's been holding it down ever since. I felt him 100 percent, but now ain't the time to fight each other for putting up ideas. Daz ain't back with the details yet, so ideas is all we got to work with.

I let Simon back in after he got a chance to talk to Calvin at the door. It seemed to help him cool his head for a bit. That was ten minutes ago, and I've been regretting letting him back in ever since.

"What we waiting on Daz for? We already know who took her," Simon says.

I take a deep breath before I say something that'll set us back another ten minutes. I find myself doing that alot since we been here. I mostly been trying to keep my head as I listen to these niggas argue over the same shit. If they ain't fussing over what they perceive as a bad idea, they getting into it over what happened earlier.

I swear I got a good mind to take my gun and my coat and look for Red myself. The only thing that stops me is Candyce. She's out there somewhere prolly tied up or worse, waiting for us to find her. Meanwhile, we standing around with our dicks in our hands wasting time.

Brainstormin' with these fools ain't gettin' us nowhere. Still, I know I got a better chance of finding her if we all stick together. It's just hard to keep that in mind when I check my watch and realize we ain't no closer to finding Candyce than we was when we pulled up to The Loft thirty minutes ago.

"I already told you I don't think it's Angel," I say to Simon.

"I think you don't want it to be Angel," He says.

I cock my head to the side.

"What you mean by that?" I ask.

"If it is him then that means you gotta put yo pride to the side and admit that you were wrong. You don't wanna do that," Simon says.

I can't believe he think I care 'bout some trivial shit like pride when Candyce is blowing in the wind. He just don't know; I'll give up my last dime to find his sister alive. I'd even throw his ass in as a bonus.

He giving me too much credit and not enough at the same time.

"Wrong about what?" I ask.

"About not going after this nigga the first time he came after Candyce at the club," Simon says.