A Soldier Down

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The first thing I hear when I open my eyes, is heavy footsteps outside of my door. And I'm not talking a few motherfuckers. It's like an entire army has ran in our house. 

I only have time to sit up on my bed when two men carrying black rifles, wearing all black, bust open the door to my room. My heart stops beating. Angel found us. 

At least that's what I think until I hear, "Get on the floor! Put your hands where we can see them!"

Cops? What the fuck...

"Now!" 

The strain in their voices force me to the floor. I keep my hands up as I slide from my bed onto the floor. My hands are above my head while my face is smashed into the carpet near my bed. 

"Tie her up," One of them instructs the other. 

Once they turn off the flashlight that was nearly blinding me, I realize that I was wrong yet again. It's not cops. It's the fucking SWAT Team. Meaning they were joined by the Feds. 

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

One of the men come behind me with a ziptie. I hear it sliding onto my wrist as they tighten it. Next, I'm forced on my feet in only my extra-large sleeping shirt, with no pants on. Motherfuckers don't even give me time to slide something over my legs. They march me straight into the hallway. 

In the hallway, Paryis sees us coming out of my room. It must look like another one of her nightmares with two men in all black escorting me out with my bed-ridden hair. 

Immediately, she starts screaming. The sound causes Mama to flicker on the light downstairs and make her way up the stairs. When she sees me in handcuffs, and Simon thrashing around as they escort him out of his room, her face pales. 

"What the fuck is this?!" She yells. 

She finishes climbing the rest of the steps and pulls Paryis into her waist. She turns her away from us. 

"Get the fuck off me!" Simon screams down the hall. 

"Si, stop resisting. It's aight. We all here!" I yell back at him. 

I can't have him losing his temper on these federal agents. I wasn't trying to lose my brother to a trigger happy agent who wanted to use an unsuspecting black boy to up his body count. Especially not before we figure out what the fuck is going on. 

My eyes stay locked down the hall where Ace's room is. The door is wide open so I know they've been in it. I just hope they don't emerge with Ace in handcuffs. If the feds were knocking at this door it was no fucking coincidence. They were here for Ace. And maybe me too?

Finally, after what felt like ages waiting for them to leave Ace's room, three SWAT members exit empty-handed. I let out a deep breathe when they yell, "He's not here" to a woman walking up the stairs.