Caged Birds Sing

Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A part of me cringing at myself sitting across from the Feds snitching on my main mans. Shit was a lot easier to do when I was up in New York. I ain't know shit bout how he was moving but the advice I gave him. That seemed to keep the Feds settled for a lil while. But they like fucking vultures, always picking at a dead thing. The minute I stopped feeding them information for lack of knowing anything else, they forced me to move down here to get closer to Ace and his organization. 

I wasn't even touching dope when Felicity approached me talking bout throwing the book at me for running shit in New York. All this talk about a fucking RICO case made a nigga sweat a lil bit, I can't lie. Before Keyana, I wouldn't have gave a fuck. I woulda laid down and did my time like a man. I woulda let whatever bitch ass nigga sing on me if that's what they wanted to do. Now look at me moving like the two things I despise most in this world: a snake and a rat. 

Since Keyana used to patch me and my niggas up after some shit went down, Feds threatened to bring her down with me. Like she was doing anything except protecting the man she loved. But I don't know what I expected from these low down motherfuckers. They looked at all us drug dealers like we stole food out their mouths for trying to put food on our tables. Feed our niggas. But anybody that ate without inviting Uncle Sam to the table got fucked over in the end. I was just tryna set myself up so I wouldn't have to move weight no more. 

Being the top nigga in New York made that shit happen faster than I imagined. I had all the money bagged up, stacked up, and stashed up. I was ready to fulfill all them promises I sold to Keyana about turning my life around. Then these motherfuckers come fucking with me about Ace. Put me right back where I worked so hard to get out of. Ask them if they give a fuck though.

"Caesar, you can be a hard man to track down. Where do you disappear to?" Felicity stirs her coffee.

I fold my hands on the table to keep from choking ha ass up. Bad enough I was losing sight of all the shit Santana taught us. And working with Felicity's ass was making a nigga really consider saying fuck all this and let them build they RICO on whoever. But the man in me wouldn't allow it. Keyana ain't sign up to do no time for me. Besides, I ain't grow up with no dad, or no family besides my grandma and Ace's family. So, I can't leave Amir hanging like that. I couldn't let the cycle repeat itself cause of my fucked up actions. 

Me and Felicity stare each other down as she stirs her coffee with a black straw. She wearing that annoying ass smirk she always do. She acted like she owned me. Shit pissed me off cause she and I both knew it was true. 

"I ain't that hard to find. I be around," I say. 

"Not last week you weren't. You were supposed to be in the house when we detained Ace. That way it look like y'all both were going down."

"Good thing something came up. Since you bringing trigger happy rookies with you," I say.

The anger that goes through me just thinking about losing lil one to police violence makes me bite down on my jaw. I wish she slip and give me the fucking name of the cop who did it. His ass ah be a stain in the concrete before sun rise.