Thanksgiving

Chapter 35

Chapter 35

I wasn't sure if my invitation to Munch's house was revoked or not, considering the way we left off. I honestly wouldn't have showed up at all if Tory didn't text me asking if I was still sliding through. I don't know if that counted as an apology since he said some fucked up shit to me too but I took him up on the offer anyway.

Regardless of if I was wanted, my family still deserved to get out of the house. They're the reason we're standing on the porch getting ready to ring the doorbell.

A big round shadow appears in the doorway. It walks closer until the locks start clicking out of place on the other side of the door. When it opens, Munch is there in a black and white striped T-shirt with the Guess label printed across his chest.

"Why y'all ain't knock or sum'n? Y'all just standing outchere like it's not colder than a muhfuc--" Munch starts.

"Munch," I say.

"What?"

I glance over at my mama holding a pan of mac and cheese as promised. Then I give him a pointed look.

"Oh, right. My bad, Mrs. Ace, I ain't even know that was you. You could be Candyce's sister," Munch says.

My mama looks him up and down.

"Mhm," She says.

Munch steps aside, holding the door open wider so our party of three can come through.

When we're inside, I stare at him.

"What?" He asks.

"'Mrs. Ace'. Really?" I say.

"At least I spoke. Unlike some people," He says looking at Paryis.

"Munch, this is my sister, Paryis. Paryis, this is my friend, Munch," I say.

"Wassam lil' girl," Munch says.

"I'm not a lil girl," Paryis says.

"Excuse me rude ass midget."

I stale-face him, not that he cares. I thought it was just my friends I couldn't bring around, but apparently I can't bring anybody around him.

I rolls my eyes while Munch locks the door.

Paryis tugs on my hand. I look down to see that she has a stank look on her face.

"I don't like him," She says.

"Me either," I say.

"I thought he was yo friend," She says.

"Barely. Now stop whispering 'bout me in my own house before I put both of y'all asses out," Munch says.

He takes the lead walking us through the foyer and into the living room. We pass by the steps an elderly woman called down the first time I was here. As we walk further into the house, I hear that same voice barking orders from the kitchen.