What's The Move?

Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Since Ace is fast asleep and Caesar is no position to go anywhere, we're forced to spend the night by Keyana. I don't sleep. I could never sleep in unfamiliar settings. It was one of the reasons I never slept over at any friends' house. I'm not sure how it was so easy to fall asleep at Caesar's house. 

Keyana tried unsuccessfully to get Caesar in the room with her, but his injuries couldn't withstand all that. Meaning, although the bitch didn't like it, she had to leave her man with me for the night. 

I'm sitting on the floor next to Ace's armchair. I'm staring into the darkness, trying to figure out how we got to this. As I'm undoing the chain of events, the only thing I keep coming back to is me. None of this would have happened if Ace didn't catch me at Pink Fantasy that night. It's only been two days and so far I've gotten Tony killed and Ace and Caesar almost killed. Not to mention, I've put my brother's whole operation at bay, including all of his men. I was a ticking time bomb. I didn't know how many people's deaths would be on my hands, but I had more than a feeling that this wasn't going to be the end. Angel just tried to murder two of the leaders in charge of some very wild niggas. Shit was about to get hectic. I could just feel it.

"Candy?" Caesar calls.

"I didn't know you was up."

"I know. You was talking to yoself again," He says.

"Again? When do I ever talk to myself?' I say.

"You always do that, fool. People just don't say none cause they don't want to provoke yo crazy ass," He says.

"Oh really? Well if I was talking what was I saying?" 

"Dumb shit."

I laughed, "Really?"

"Mhm," He says.

It gets real quiet after that. I start to think he wandered back off to sleep until his deep voice fills the space between us.

"You know this ain't yo fault, Candy."

I don't bother responding. It's not really something I wanted commentary on. If I had known I was talking out loud, I wouldn't have said anything at all.

"I'm serious. This shit with Angel was gon happen anyway. He just one crazy ass Cuban. Ace never knew the right thing to say to him. Out of anybody, Angel is a ticking time bomb. Not you," He huffs out. 

I listen to him taking deep breaths in the dark. That was a lot to get out, and his recovery was going well, but it was gonna take some time before he could be back to himself. And that was my fault to.