Thief In Da Night

Chapter 48

Chapter 48

9:45pm

After Candyce stormed off I spent the rest of the day catching up with my lil' one. After talking to her it's clear that I'm the only muthafucka that should be mad 'round here. I don't understand how the fuck they let Paryis slip so far in the cracks that CPS had to get involved. Hearing her talk about that shit had me hot but I buried it down for later. After all she went through I figured she could use some one-on-one time.

I did my best to keep a smile on my face while we made up for lost time. We started with a tea party. That shit was more Candyce speed, but I sucked it up since nobody was around. Only Paryis could have me talking to stuffed animals and eating desserts she made in her EasyBake oven. Still, I could only put up with that shit for so long. We ended up on the couch watching movies not too long after.

It took two movies to wear her out but now she finally asleep. It's perfect timing too 'cause I gotta head out soon. Keezy just sent word that the first step in our plan went without a hitch.

I gotta pat myself ona back for that one.

If it wasn't for me getting as close to Angel as I did, hitting him would be damn near impossible. Fortunately, I was around long enough to learn his weakness. Like me, his weakness is family. I learned this two years ago when I went to re-up at his house. He had his entire family staying with him which was unusual. In that first year I worked with him, I never saw anybody around except his bodyguards and a few bitches every now and then. It was like overnight this nigga had changed his principles. At first I thought he trusted me but Angel wasn't that stupid. He told me he only had them staying with him temporarily while he handled some business.

I knew what that meant. That meant he was doing shit he had no business doing. He was making enemies and he was worried his family was gon' get caught in the crossfire. He didn't go into detail and I didn't ask him to. It didn't have nun' to do with me and it didn't stop our busines so I ain't care. I chopped it up as Spanish beef and didn't think twice about it.

He kept me away from his family while I was there. We exchanged work in his office. We was almost done when his nephew came running in asking if he could hang out with his friends. Jefe said no. The lil' nigga had to be a teenager but he started whining like a lil' kid. He started saying how Angel kept saying it was too dangerous to leave the house and living with him was starting to feel like a prison. Angel told him he didn't know what prison felt like and ran him out the room.

When he was gone, Angel apologized for the disturbance. He told me his nephew was usually a good kid, but he didn't like to be kept inside all day. He started telling me how athletic he was and how good he was at soccer. I couldn't give two fucks 'bout the lil' nigga kicking a ball around a field, but I listened anyway. It wasn't often that Jefe opened up to me like that. After a year, I still didn't know that much about him and I was looking for a weak spot any chance I got. Listening to him talk about his nephew gave me that chance.