From Bad to Worse

Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I didn't know what I expected following Ty to his crib, but a simple hotel room was not it. The excitement of the night died down with each step I took further into his suite. He must didn't trust me to be at his real spot. He was just like Ace that way.

"You and my brother have a lot in common," I say.

I brush my hands across the comforting fabric of the hotel's sheets. It had been a long time since I stepped inside one of these. 

"No offense, Candyce, but I don't wanna talk about ya brother right now." 

Ty closes the door behind us and locks it. I watch him as he moves around the room. He empties his pocket first. A pack of gum, keys, and a tight wad of money fall onto the nightstand near the bed. Then he undoes the link in his gold watch and sit that beside the money. I almost wonder why he trusts that I won't take off with his shit right now and run, until he sits a black gun on the counter beside the jewlery and the money.

I gulp watching him take the clip out of the gun. He doesn't aim it at me and shoots me like the dumb naive girl that I am. Instead, he opens the drawer and sits the clip and the gun inside. He turns back to look at my dumb-struck face.

"Chill, ma. You ain't ever seen a gun before?" He laughs.

"That's the point. All the times I seen a gun, it was either pointed at me or someone I love."

Ty stops in the middle of taking off his shirt, "Damn. I'm sorry. I ain't mean to scare you."

I shake my head, trying to tune back into the carefree Candyce that didn't think everybody was out to get her. It's a lot easier to do with the liquor coursing through my veins. 

"It's all good. I'm just a lil paranoid, I guess."

"Aight. Well I'ma go take a shower right quick. Promise me you won't have that gun pointed at me when I come out?" He says.

I laugh, "You just gon have to wait and see."

He remains in the room undressing down to his wife-beater and jeans. After taking of his belt, his jeans hang lower around his hips to give me sneak peek as to what's gonna be waiting for me when I get out the shower. I bite my lip. Ty catches me staring, but I don't shy away. I don't run. That's lil' girl shit. 

He chuckles to himself. I swear the bulge in his pants rises the longer I watch him.

When he closes the bathroom door, I take the opportunity to finally look through my messages. Ace is flooding my message threads, not to mention, he has called me sixteen times in the last thirty minutes alone. I brave myself and text him a quick message. I let him know that I went out for some fun and my friends were too messed up to be left alone. I say that I'm sleeping over at one of their houses and that I'll be back tomorrow morning. The three dots pop up almost immediately and I exit out of the message before I can see what he's about to say. Then, I hold the button on the side of my phone until the screen blackens.