25* The Sun Brings Hope

Miss Lee moved as fast as she could when she hard about the two children that fainted. She turned corners and went down some stairs.

As she closed in on her destination she was stopped by a student.

"I have important news ma'am."

"Not now... Am in a hurry. There's an emergency I need to attend too."

"But word was sent that we had a movement near the northern gate. Said to be dragons."

Miss Lee stopped moving. "What did you say?"

The student repeated his statement.

"This is not good..."

"But they haven't done anything yet. They were just spotted. Nothing more."

Miss Lee had a sour taste in her mouth. She had always thought about the victims of their work coming back to average the fallen.

She quickly brought herself out her thoughts because the reason her was in a hurry came back to her.

"Because they haven't entered our perimeter I'll leave the matter with you. If something happens then report it to me... Immediately."

Miss Lee turned on her heels determined to reach her destination.
------------------------------------------------------

"Mel!" Mean raised his voice as he called out to his sister. He walked up to her naked to the bone with a firm facial expression.

"Brother? How did you..."

"Am tired of your behavior... I swear to the heavens I will beat you right now!"

Mel backed up and hit a friend she brought along the mission. "I just wanted too..."

"Shut it! I don't want to hear another word from your mouth. And Seth, am going to punish you so you know not to assist my sister with such things in the future..."

Mean pulled his eyes back to Mel. "Change... Then head straight home..."

Mel suddenly saw a different side to her brother. She was for the first time in a long time afraid of him. Not speaking, all she did was  obey her brothers works.

As they approached their home. Mean began feeling anxious. He left Plan by himself as he was birthing their child. He hated not being by his side and having his sister cause trouble didn't help him...

He hoped that he would get get back soon enough to meet his first offspring. When they landed, Mean assigned someone to watch over his sister while he made his way to the nursery room. On his way he meet Summer.

"I've been looking for you..."

"What happened?" Mean asked in a worried tone.

"Nothing just come with me."

Summer opened the door for Mean to enter. "Mean... Where have you been?" Plan asked as he tried to sit up straight.

"Mel happened but am here now..." He used his hands to stop Plans actions.

Plan sat back down. "You wanna meet him?"

"What?"

"You wanna meet you son?"

Mean widened his eyes. "Of course..."

Ozzie who was standing to the side suddenly emerged with Sun in his hands.

"Here..."

He handed the boy to his father.

"His name is Sun..." Plan said confident that Mean would like the name.

"His amazing..."

Plan smiled as he got ready to break more news.

"Ozzie can you put him back and take Mean over to her?"

Ozzie nodded and did as was told.

Mean had trouble letting go of his son.

"Take me to who?" He asked slightly annoyed with Ozzie.

"Your daughter..."

Mean froze....

"She's a bit weak so they can't bring her to us. Go over to her..."

Ozzie pointed to a different part of the room where they kept the little girl in a incubator.

Mean hovered over the transparent cube holding his daughter. His sweet daughter.
He held back tears when he realized she was not well.

"Why is she in this thing?"

Ozzie took a step back. "We didn't know that he was having twins... Complications are common with twins especially with Dragons."

Mean put his large hand over the box as gently as he could.

"She needs a name..."

"What?"

Ozzie stepped forward. "Plan left you to pick a name for her."

Mean looked down to the being made from his love. "I don't really know what to give her..."

"Try working from your emotions... What do you feel for her?"

Mean closed his eyes... "Hope. I want to be hopeful..."

"Then why not name her that."

Mean opened his eyes and saw her. "Hope..."
—————————————————————

Sorry for the long wait... Hope you enjoyed and thanks to  @shbfsezo for providing the name.