14*The New Generation

"Ohh child... I don't mean to scare you with all this information... It's no good to you but my son... Only if he would listen to me..."

"It's OK... It's good to learn new things. Is  he also a prophet? Can he tell the future?"

Old Yin let a small smile grow. "Silly flower. Only one prophet at a time...meaning am the only prophet alive. Only when I die will this...gift be passed on..."

"So... Young Yin will be the next one?"

Old Yin shook his head. "Yes and no... He could be the next one, am not too sure. The gift could be passed on through a generation or randomly..."

"Randomly? Isn't that... Dangerous?"

"In some way it is. My grandfather got this from a man he used to work for in his teen years. Only knew him for 3 months but he ended up with his 'gift'."

Prim just kept her eyes on the old man.

"Could it be that... It moves through connections?"

The old man frowned. "What do you mean by that?"

Prim quickly went through her mind, gathering all the information that popped into her head. "Like your grandfather, maybe it wasn't random..."

The old man was more confused now then he was before. "I do not understand what you are saying little flower or is it that am too old?"

The girl let a smile grow. "You aren't old. Let me say it like this... The man your grandfather worked for, they made a connection. So even though they weren't family, they created a bond in which the 'gift' passed through."

The old man began to understand.

"oh... I see what you are implying... I had a very strong bond with my father and so did he with his but..."

Prim knew what he was thinking. "Old Yin, don't think off this to much. Let's stop talking about this..."

"Its okay child. Everyone knows that we are not too close... This is not a touching subject..."

Prims face becomes sour.

"I guess you would be the one that gets this 'gift' when I die..."

Prim widened her eyes.

"Am sorry... What?"
——————––———————————