2: Confrontation

It is once again a hot day on the fifth of Crimson Flower, Lexington is standing before Alistair's grave as it's on a hill under a red leafed tree. Lexington sighs while shaking his head as he heads back into town finding Alec brushing Griffin.

Alec: "you ready to go?" He directs to Lexington who nods while looking the horse he bought from the stable. "Good, we can probably get to the nearest port within five weeks without delay, it's gonna be a long ride and an even longer one once we hit the sea."

Lexington: "right..." He says somewhat worried that his past will catch up to him which Alec does pick up on.

Alec: "you're gonna be fine Lex, even if Phoenix Knights find us which is unlikely, they know better than to mess with me." He says getting on Griffin as he looks over at Lexington's horse. "You give her a name yet?" He asks curiously.

Lexington: "no." He says honestly as they ride out of town as they're both silent as Lexington is thinking of a couple questions to ask Alec. "So... How long have you been doing this?" He asks trying to make conversation.

Alec: "over twenty five years, I was a bit younger than you when I joined the Huntsman... But why were you a mercenary?" He asks as Lexington thinks for a couple seconds.

Lexington: "as far as I know I was born into my mercenary band, never knew my birth parents and neither did Alistair... Probably doesn't matter but I bet my real parents would be disappointed in me if they saw who I became." He says being honest while Alec remains silent as he's got no response for that. "But answer me this, what is it that the Huntsman fight for?" He asks as he wants to make sure he's fighting for a good cause.

Alec: "Outsiders think we just do what's best for humanity but they forget that elves were once a part of our group, hell they even had a hand in the Huntsman being formed... We do what we do for the safety of all sentient beings, not just humans." He says as Lexington grows really curious hearing this.

Lexington: "elves were part of the Huntsman?" He asks riding up to him.

Alec: "I'm talking about the Averial Elves here or sky elves as most people know them, last elf to be part of the order was Isira the white wolf... Over a 250 years ago, died during the Royal Elven Purge along with her people, it's a damn shame." He states but stops his horse as doesn't Lexington.

Lexington: "what's wrong?" He asks as Alec doesn't respond and suddenly pushes him off his horse as Lexington sees an arrow fly past his head.

Alec: "alright if you're bold enough to attack a Huntsman then please... Come try it." He says pulling out his sword.

???: "I'm here for that mercenary, not you." A clearly feminine voice says while Lexington gets behind a tree as Alec looks at him asking if he did wrong as of recently as Lexington shrugs as he begins to think a bit.

Lexington: "oh Aiglia's burning hell, I'm not with those mercenaries anymore!" As he hears the she-elf scoff in the forest.

Elyria: "oh really? Then tell me where I can find the one who killed my friend so I can put an arrow between his eyes." As Lexington closes his eyes hearing this while he walks out into the open.

Lexington: "he's dead." As Elyria is shocked though Lexington can't see her. "He was killed by a Demon last night, I know you're angry over what happened." He says as Elyria rushes him and has a dagger against his neck.

Elyria: "damn right I am, so why should I let you live when my friend didn't get that luxury?" She asks while Lexington looks her in her emerald eyes which fit her slightly tanned skin and dark red hair.

Lexington: "cause I didn't want that situation to happen, I especially didn't want your friend getting killed in the process... I'm sorry." He says as Elyria sees the look of regret in his eyes.