38: Phoenix Queen

1078 AP (after phoenix)
RHODESIA AELTON
GOLDEN FALCON 11

The Huntsman and Huntresses are gathered up for the funeral of Alec as they are cremating him as everyone stares with guilt, sadness, and most of all respect. Dante is standing next to Lyra who's dressed in red but isn't that different from her previous attire of a tailcoat, tight trousers and knee high boots with a extravagant cloak laced with gold design as Edmund is at her side.

Dante: "thank you for allowing us to stay your grace, we can't be more thankful." He says with respect as Lyra glances over.

Lyra: "you lost your home, this is the least I could do headmaster... I'll do my thing and keep you here while keeping the kingdom from blowing up and you'll do yours planning out this war... All my kingdom's resources will be available, whatever you need." She says as Dante nods but has a rebuttal for this.

Dante: "we'll need Newcastle and the elven tribes I don't see us winning this war without them." He says as Lyra smiles somewhat saying she has a plan for the first one as Dante and Edmund follow her outside the castle as the civilians are speaking amongst themselves as Lyra stands before her castle's doors addressing them all.

Lyra: "I know you're all afraid with the sudden developments, my father being murdered and the huntsman order living here but we must remain strong if we're to beat this enemy we call Demons." She says as the crowd isn't that impressed so far. "And while our two kingdoms haven't always gotten along, Newcastle needs a king and an ally in these dark times." She says signalling for Sigurd to step up who does so.

Lyra: "this is the bastard son of the previous King of Newcastle, Sigurd I bestow upon you a great gift, I hereby legitimize you of your bastard status." She says as the crowd murmurs in surprise as Dante looks on curiously.

Sigurd: "you honor me your grace so allow me to do the same... People of Aelton!" He exclaims getting their attention. "I shall take the position as King of Newcastle and once I've done that, I will march back to this city not with the intent of raiding like others before me." He says pacing around. "But to stand together against this Demon threat, they wanna kick us? I say kick them right back... in the fuckin balls!" He says as the crowd cheers hearing this as Lyra finds it difficult to keep a straight face as Dante chuckles hearing this as they head inside.

Dante: "you know how to work the people your grace." He directs to Sigurd who scratches the back of his head.

Sigurd: "I'm gonna have to get used to that, but how am I supposed to stop a war? house Maston has always been eager for the throne, Ursa and Stormfall were always loyal but..." He says as Lyra gets his attention.

Lyra: "my spies have told me that the lords and lady are meeting on weather or not to end the war, if you can convince the two houses to reaffirm their loyalty? Then that might get you the throne... I can't send my troops with you unfortunately, I need them here and I doubt that would help the houses reaffirm their loyalty." She says apologetically.

Sigurd: "it's okay, you're making the right choice but what about the elven tribes? They aren't exactly on the best terms with us." He says as Dante nods confirming that.

Dante: "Elyria will be handling that front, apparently her father Elaric holds a lot of power over the tribes, she'll try convincing him to support us and in turn gain the support of the tribes then they'll search for the Averial who Elyria suspects might be Ryrieal Dirael, the would be King of Elvaria." He says as Lyra nods acknowledging this.

Lyra: "he'll no doubt want the land my family stole from him." She says understanding that it's necessary for the sake of diplomacy.

Dante: "I'll discuss it with Elyria, good day." He says bowing and takes his leave.

Sigurd: "well today went okay at least." He says as Lyra nods whilst chuckling.

Lyra: "I hope you can win this war and quickly, no telling what those Demons plan to do next." She says as they walk the halls past paintings of her ancestors.

Sigurd: "I'll do my best." As Lyra chuckles as they stop outside her room as they awkwardly stay silent. "Uh should I go?" He asks like an idiot as Lyra sighs at this.

Lyra: "Edmund... Can you provide us some privacy?" She asks as Edmund nods taking his leave as they enter her room. "So it's apparent that we'll marry to make sure this alliance is strong?" She asks making sure he understands as Sigurd nods.

Sigurd: "I know... Why do you look nervous?" He asks as Lyra sits down in a comfy chair scratching at the armrests.

Lyra: "Sig I... I value you way more than a friend, I'm worried you'll..." She says looking down but Sigurd gently pulls her up and brushes the bottom of her lip with his thumb.

Sigurd: "I'm not dying like Michal, my word is stronger than my bite." He says putting the necklace with a turquoise gem around her neck as Lyra blushes heavily.

Lyra: "you cheeky bastard." She says smiling as Sigurd chuckles hearing this. "I want you." She says as Sigurd nods and kisses her gently which she returns as Sigurd removes her crown tossing on the chair.

Sigurd: "should we?" He asks as Lyra pulls him into a kiss.

Lyra: "yes we should... Your queen commands it." She says kissing him once again as he lifts her up into his arms carrying her to the bed. Meanwhile Dante is discussing the elven tribes situation with Elyria.

Dante: "you sure you want to go now?" As Elyria finishes packing supplies and puts an arrow in her quiver.

Elyria: "no time to waste headmaster, it'll take months to locate the Averial if he's still alive and the tribes are spread out across Elvaria, finding one and convincing them to join our cause will take time... And if there's a way to get Lex out of hell? I won't hesitate." She says as Dante touches her shoulder.

Dante: "safe travels Elyria." He says as Elyria nods and turns to Simon.

Mary: "stay safe Elyria and do return please? You are family to us." As Elyria smiles softly and nods as Mary plays with the red cloth around her neck and asks if she wants it back. "No... Lex gave it to you, it's yours now." She says as Elyria hugs Lexi.

Elyria: "try not to punch Crowe's head in alright?" She asks as Lexi chuckles saying no promises when Volmir approaches with Ryris having armor.

Volmir: "wasn't easy but there you go, an armored direwolf and saddle, should be to able to tank most hits." As Elyria looks on in amazement and sees an engraving of a serpent and remembers Lexington wanting his arms around her.

Elyria: "thank you Volmir, but Simon what happened to Grállagaia?" She asks curiously while getting on Ryris.

Simon: "no idea, he just left." He says getting ready to teleport them but Zeke interrupts this.

Zeke: "I... Thought you should have this, Lex told me he made it for you and I picked it before we left." He says handing Elyria a cloak with a lightning bolt and wolf sowed in as Elyria smiles.

Elyria: "thanks Zeke, I'll see you again." She says putting the cloak on as Zeke nods. "I'm ready... Ryris close your eyes and mouth." She says doing so as Simon touches their heads.

Simon: "good luck Elyria." He says teleporting them to a spot in the deep south of Aelton as Elyria looks around finding a marking recognizing it as her tribes.

Elyria: "so they've been here, let's go Ryris!" She says putting her hood as Ryris runs off following the markings. "I will rescue you Lex." She says with unforeseen determination.