12: Blooming Friendships

1078 (After Phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
CRIMSON SUN 4TH

Lexington is walking with his younger sister Lexi who's giving him the tour around the island.

Lexi: "and this is where the very best blacksmith in all of Eden lives, Volmir makes all of our weapons and should you get that far will make yours." As Lexington looks over curious that she said if. "This training will not be easy Lex, I hope you know that." She says as they walk into the cave.

Lexington: "I do but I remember Alec saying that one of his swords is made of magic?" He inquires as Lexi nods.

Lexi: "every huntsman's weapons are made of magic to some degree, it really depends on what you want to be as a huntsman, for example my weapons are made of magic that's great for lightning magic and speed with silver throughout the blades." She says showing off her hook swords.

Lexington: "that does not look Aeltonian or Newcastlian." He points as Lexi chuckles softly.

Lexi: "you'd be correct, I visited Novéllís a couple years ago and saw a weapon similar to this and I instantly fell in love with the design." She says as they see Volmir working as Lexington is baffled seeing how small he is.

Volmir: "they are beauties but were a bitch to make, much like your father's weapon." He says lowly like a growl.

Lexi: "but they work as intended Volmir, thanks to you." She compliments as Volmir sighs lowly.

Volmir: "I've been around for hundreds of years kid, I don't need compliments... Who's your twin?" He asks noticing Lexington.

Lexi: "this is my older brother Lexington, one of the new recruits." As Volmir is somewhat surprised.

Volmir: "Lex just so you know." As Lexington looks down at him. "Never say the word dwarf or ask where the rest of my people are... Got it?" He asks while glaring as Lexington nods. "Good now get out of here." He says continuing to work as Lexi and Lexington leave the cave.

Lexi: "don't mind him, he just doesn't like talking about his people... What's left of them." She says as they hear a bell in the distance. "Well looks like it's time for your first class." She says with a smile and leads Lexington to an area for training as he stands next to Elyria thankful that she's a part of his group and notices that Lyra, Sigurd and Aiden are also a part of the group but notices that Zeke is there as well.

Simon: "alright this is your first day of weapon training so we'll focus on seeing how skilled you are with a weapon, the weapons are wooden but they can still hurt like hell so do take this seriously." He says with his arms crossed and calls Sigurd and Lyra down.

Lexington: "well this gonna get interesting." He whispers to Elyria who nods in agreement. "Wanna make a bet?" He asks playfully as Elyria chuckles quietly.

Elyria: "how much you got?" She asks jokingly catching Lex off guard but they turn their attention seeing Lyra grab a wooden spear while Sigurd grabs two wooden axes.

Simon: "oh yeah and no magic! This is weapons training." He says as Sigurd and Lyra circle each other as Lyra is constantly giving Sigurd a smirk while twirling her wooden spear.

Lyra: "what's the matter Sig?" She asks teasing as Sigurd keeps his distance as Lyra begins thrusting her wooden spear towards him as he avoiding these thrusts as he moves to side and tries hitting her in the head but she leans back and smacks the bottom of Sigurd's jaw with her wooden spear as he backs up and sees Lyra walking away with her spear against her and with a sway. "Don't stare too long." She teases as Sigurd growls lowly.

Sigurd soon closes the distance as Lyra ducks and weaves the wooden axes but Sigurd eventually lands a clean hit to Lyra's side as Lyra retaliates smacking her spear across Sigurd's face who tanks it and tries retaliating but Lyra dodges but is tripped up as Sigurd holds her down.