35: The Three Lies

1078 AP (after phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
GOLDEN FALCON 7th

Alec is standing before the three advisors as they're all chained up as Simon and Cedric are there in case the Demon decides to attack.

Alec: "one of you is the Demon infiltrating the king's council, we can make this quick and easy... It'll depend you demon." He says pacing before them.

Kayden: "it wasn't me! I was-" as he's silenced by Simon threatening to blast him with lightning.

Alec: "now as far I know with Aelton politics, backstabbing is rather common so... Feel free to start but know this... If we think you're lying and we use this magical blade on you? Well it's gonna fuckin hurt." He says displaying the black blade he calls Edge of Time as a bluish rune glows throughout the blade.

Benedict: "I was talking with Rebecca Rousseau near the healing center where Simon's wife works at." He says as Alec looks at Simon who nods confirming this information as Alec asks why he was talking with Rebecca. "No particular reason, I was simply asking about her boy as I've never seen him before our arrival here." He says rather calmly as Alec looks him in the eyes for a few seconds.

Alec: "that could be true but we can't take any chances, what about you two?" He asks as Kayden tries accusing the other.

Arthur & Benedict: "oh you son of a whore!" They both say in anger as Alec grabs Kayden by his neck and places the tip of Edge of Time against his stomach.

Alec: "you must be dumb if you seriously think rambling like that will make us spare you, now tell me where you were!" He says tightening his grip as Kayden looks pathetic.

Kayden: "I was getting myself lunch! That Lexi girl or whatever can confirm that." As Alec looks back as Simon who shakes his head.

Simon: "false, Lexi was outside when we found Connie... You must be confusing Lexi for someone else." As Alec burns some of Kayden's facial hair off.

Alec: "that or he's just bullshitting." He says as he moves on to Arthur. "And where were you?" He asks with a noticable glare.

Arthur: "I was in my quarters looking over info my spies gave me on the war in Newcastle... I unfortunately don't have anyone who can confirm that but I wasn't outside at all yesterday." He says sounding honest as Alec and the other two leave the room.

Alec: "Arthur and Benedict seem the least likely to me." As Cedric counters this.

Cedric: "Kayden's a rat with no balls, Benedict is one I'm suspicious of, he could've killed Connie then quickly flew to Rebecca as a bird having the conversation." He points as Simon adds on to this.

Simon: "yeah and asking about Aiden? Who happens to be a possible suspect of being Athorazen? That feels way too coincidental in my opinion." He says as Alec pinches the bridge of his nose sighing in frustration.

Alec: "gods I hate Demons." He says as he tells them to stay put as they nod keeping guard.

Simon: "Cedric... Do you think I was too harsh on Lex yesterday?" He asks as Cedric thinks for a moment.

Cedric: "perhaps but Lex isn't dumb, I think he'd understand you're just looking out for him." He says as Simon rests his head on the wall.

Simon: "I just feel as though I should be more relaxed with him yet I can't even manage that." He says as Cedric looks over feeling bad.

Cedric: "you're a much better father than most Simon, have some faith in yourself for once you bastard." He says earning a slight chuckle from Simon. Lexington meanwhile is receiving some intense training from Crowe as Lexington is intimidated by the size of Death's Omen and how easily Crowe swings it.

Lexington: "Crap! Crap! Crap!" He says nimbly avoiding the swings as Crowe is having a great time with this as Lexington rolls under his swing and uppercuts him in the jaw.

Crowe: "now we're getting somewhere!" He says with a smirk as he swings Death's Omen but Lexington zooms under swinging Tempest at his head but Crowe headbutts him knocking him on his ass.

Lexington: "ow..." He says as Crowe helps him up. "the fuck is your head made off?" He asks as Crowe chuckles whilst helping him up.

Crowe: "I don't know but it works." He says as Lexington is still shaken a bit. "Woah easy buddy, you look like me after ten rounds with alcohol." He jokes as Lexington sits down.

Lexington: "so... How are things between you and my sister?" He asks curiously as Crowe stabs Death's Omen in the sand and leans against it.

Crowe: "much better than our encounter on the beach, but it's slow not that I blame Lexi wanting to take it slow as I did break her trust." He says with regret as Lexington asks why he used her as bait. "I assumed Lexi would be fast enough to avoid what we were hunting but my judgement was wrong and I'll live with that." He says looking at the cloudy sky.

Lexington: "any tips on being a Huntsman?" He asks as Crowe chuckles somewhat.

Crowe: "give it everything you can give, this line of work isn't great if you half ass it." He says as Lexington nods as that sounds reasonable enough when Elyria approaches with Crowe taking his leave.

Elyria: "what the hell happened to your head?" She asks rather baffled by the red print.

Lexington: "headbutting is surprisingly effective." He says as Elyria shakes her head and sits next to him.

Elyria: "I know about this Athorazen thing, the Huntsman won't stop talking about it... Who do you think it is?" She asks curiously as Lexington looks as though he's uncomfortable. "Someone we know?"

Lexington: "either Zeke or Aiden." He says reluctantly as Elyria looks down at the sand in surprise.

Elyria: "even if they are, they still have a good heart don't they?" She asks as Lexington leans forewarn contemplating this complicated question.

Lexington: "Aiden and Zeke have done good things but if it's just an act?" He asks as Elyria looks over seemingly offended.

Elyria: "Aiden has supported you and you're possibly thinking it's an act? or Zeke losing his sister, is that just a fake motivation?" She asks rather annoyed as Lexington looks over.

Lexington: "I didn't say it's true El, I'm just thinking out loud." He says explaining himself but can see Elyria is still caught up on it.

Elyria: "Lex... Even if they are Athorazen, we need to be there for them... Accept them for who they are not what they could be." She says as Lexington sighs nodding.

Lexington: "I'm sorry El, I just don't know what to think if one of them is in fact a Demon." He says as Elyria can see the pain on his face as she comforts him. Aiden meanwhile is looking at the sea with his arms crossed as Petra is standing next to them.

Petra: "so... These rumors going around, do they worry you?" She asks somewhat worried.

Aiden: "yeah... Are you worried?" He asks as Petra is unsure what to say. "You are... If there's anything I can do to-" he says but Petra hugs him to his surprise.

Petra: "just hug me please... I just wanna forget about this for a moment." She says as Aiden returns the hug asking how she got here. "Well I was only a child soldier in the Aelton army for the Hawk unit, it's a unit known for its rigorous training towards children turning them into killers by the time they're a teenager, I killed my first man at twelve... He just a pig farmer and I had to kill him as he charged me with a pitchfork." She says as Aiden is horrified by this.

Aiden: "why do they have child soldiers?" He asks as Petra says it's to make up to the numbers in case they ever go to war with Newcastle. "That's unacceptable, you were a child."

Petra: "I know Aiden but I'm using those skills for good now, at least I hope it's for good." She says as Aiden is still bothered by the fact her childhood was essentially stolen from her. Rograz meanwhile still in his disguise focusing on Athorazen's presence trying to single it out.

Rograz (mind): "hmm there you are, now I know what to do." He thinks to himself breaking the chains around his wrists easily as Arthur and Kayden look at him as his face is slowly burning away revealing some form of a demon face. "Hi there." He says demonically chuckling as hellfire engulfs him.