21: Blood of Lightning

1078 AP (after phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
CRIMSON WILDFIRE 13th

Lexington is once again trying to use Lightning but is still failing as his father is growing irritated with his arms crossed.

Simon: "Lex you need to let go of your fear and guide it." As Lexington turns to him about to snap.

Lexington: "it's not that simple! If I shoot and someone I care for gets hurt then-" as Simon cuts him off with an unexpected demand.

Simon: "shoot me." He orders as Lexington stares in surprise at this demand. "What are you waiting for?" He asks sternly as he can see Lexington's legs shaking with fear. "If you're too scared at the possibility of hurting your friends by accident then what are you gonna do if one gets turned into a werewolf or a vampire or even undead?" He asks as Lexington stays silent not used to this kind of treatment. "Answer the question son." He says harshly but his eyes soften seeing Lex's stare of uncertainty but fear.

Lexington: "I don't know..." He says turning away whilst sighing. "Is it that easy for you to not worry about those around you?"

Simon: "you see... I've always worked alone as a huntsman so I never had to worry about hurting others close to me but you need to believe and trust in yourself Lex, having friends is great but you need to learn how to be effective alone." He says softly in an attempt to comfort Lex.

Lexington: "I just... I don't wanna be alone again." He says as Simon has nothing to respond with as there's nothing he could say. "is that enough for today?"

Simon: "yeah... That's enough for today." He says whilst signaling that he can go as Lexington leaves his father who sits down sighing. "Maybe I'm pushing him too much in a short time span" He says to himself as Lexington is following the path back to the academy when he finds Lyra spewing blue flames across a lake.

Lexington: "pretty flames." He comments as Lyra turns to him.

Lyra: "yes well blue flames are said to be the hottest there is unless you believe in hellfire or holy fire." She says jokingly but notices that Lexington seems down. "You okay?"

Lexington: "yeah... Just got pressured by my dad." As Lyra acknowledges and motions for him to sit.

Lyra: "I know what you mean, I am my father's only child and heir... So I have a lot riding on me." As Lexington questions why she's an only child. "My father... Loved my mother to death and once she died giving birth to me? My father just couldn't bring himself to love another woman... That was only the beginning of his fall."

Lexington: "so the Phoenix King I met months prior wasn't always like that?" He asks as Lyra says yes and no.

Lyra: "my caretakers told me my father was always a strange bird but it only got worse with my mother's death... I'm sorry you had to experience him at his worst." She says with guilt as Lexington nods.

Lexington: "not you're fault, I should've never agreed to that stupid job... How can I be soo stupid?" He asks as Lyra sits next to him and rubs his back

Lyra: "how you could know? Not like you can see into the future." As Lexington retorts saying he should've followed his gut cause it never felt right. "Maybe... But what is beating yourself up gonna do for it, I may not of known Robyn but I'm certain she wouldn't want you to put yourself down at every possible turn." She says as Lexington looks up into the sky thinking of this.

Lexington: "she definitely wouldn't, I guess I still haven't let go of her fully." He says staring at the red feather Robyn would put in her hair. "This is the only thing I have left of her, told me it'd be my good luck charm." He says as Lyra scoots closer to him.