16: Cruelty

1078 AP (after phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
CRIMSON SUN 23RD

Lexington is currently being watched by Elyria as he's trying to shoot a bow and lets an arrow loose but Elyria snorts seeing where it hits.

Elyria: "not even close, you need to keep a relaxed grip." She says while gently readjusting his rather false grip as Lex softly wraps his hand around grip and pulls back on the bow string taking aim. "That's it, nice and easy." She says softly as Lexington can't help but glance to the side seeing Elyria maintaining a smile of confidence. He aims and releases an arrow striking the target getting a bullseye.

Lexington: "impressed yet?" He sarcastically as Elyria thinks for a moment giving a sarcastic smile.

Elyria: "for a beginner? It's better than nothing." She says with some encouragement but they overhear Zeke growling in frustration as he slams the bow down. "Zeke may I give some advice?" She asks kindly while approaching him stopping about four feet from him.

Zeke: "I don't need your help elf!" He snaps back as Lexington's eyes glare at Zeke with disapproval.

Lexington: "the phoenix hell is your problem Zeke? El is only trying to help which is the least you deserve given how you've treated her." As Zeke glares with his light brown eyes at Lexington.

Zeke: "what do you care? Even if I tell you, you're just gonna tell me to get over it or it doesn't matter now." He shoots back to Lexington as they're even in height and look each other down.

Lexington: "how do you know if you don't at least try?" He asks noticing that Zeke is briefly surprised but is shoved away by him.

Zeke: "cause none of you could hope to understand!" He snaps storming off knocking a quiver of arrows over as Lexington sighs while slicking his hair back.

Lexington: "well that couldn't of gone any worse." He says but Elyria watches Zeke storm off. "El?" He asks as she looks at him with an honest stare.

Elyria: "he honestly reminds me of you a little bit." She says causing Lexington's eyes to widen seemingly offended. "Let me explain, when I first met you, you weren't exactly thrilled to share what happened to Robyn, maybe Zeke had a similar experience?" She asks as Lexington sighs as she does have a point.

Lexington: "okay sure but what do you intend to do?" He asks as Elyria thinks of that herself. Zeke meanwhile is dunking his head into a barrel of cool water and lifts his head looking into the watery reflection before him seeing his disappointed eyes being shot back at him.

Cedric: "still with this tough guy attitude you're putting up?" He asks looking down at him being that Zeke is only 6ft compared to Cedric who's 6ft8.

Zeke: "what's it to you?" He asks as Cedric places his hand on Zeke's shoulder who gulps from the fact that Cedric's hand is just as big as his head.

Cedric: "I brought you here myself Zeke, I'd like you to improve not just as a warrior but as a man." He says softly as Zeke doesn't respond not sure what to say. "I know things haven't been easy Zeke, what happened there was..." He says as he can't even finish due to him feeling by the events.

Zeke: "please Cedric... Just go." He requests with kindness as Cedric sighs quietly but respects his wishes taking his leave. Zeke looks up seeing Elyria standing before him. "Can't you take a hint elf?" He asks with annoyance but is much softer compared to earlier.

Elyria: "I only wish to understand you Zeke, everyone's hatred comes from somewhere." As Zeke growls lowly very reluctant to tell her anything "It's obvious you don't trust elves at all, where did this come from?" She wonders as Zeke looks at his reflection in the barrel of water and curses to himself and decides to tell her.