19: Learning Pains

On the same day, Lexington is in a mostly isolated area of Griffin Island with his father and sister.

Simon: "Lightning unlike most elements isn't something you can control, you need to guide it... See that boulder?" He asks as Lexington nods in response. "That is my target and I know where I need to hit." He says pointing his index and middle fingers at the boulder as Lex can see that he's aiming it seems. Simon blasts a bolt of lightning out of his fingers which decimates the boulder into a bunch of pieces.

Lexington (mind): "my gods." He thinks to himself amazed with how much power that had as Simon's fingers are steaming but is blown out.

Simon: "use two fingers to concentrate where the lightning will exit but do not control it otherwise it will blast out all over the place... But let's focus on getting you to generate the lightning first." He says as Lex nods aiming two fingers in the air. "Close your eyes and empty your thoughts, focus your breathing to your heart and when you're ready? Say Fulcláir." He says softly as Lexington begins slowing his breathing to a steady pace as blue electricity flows around his raised arm.

Lexington: "Fulcláir." He says as blue lightning blasts out out his fingers rather wildly but that was the reason why he was aiming at the sky. Lexington shakes his hand from the slight stinging pain.

Simon: "good you can generate lightning on command now but using it effectively will be a whole different story." As he looks around seeing a cliff nearby. "Aim at that cliff and remember what I told you." He says as he and Lexi get behind a protective barrier as Lexington turns his attention to the cliff.

Lexington (mind): "okay Lex... Guide it." He thinks while grabbing his wrist and aims at the cliff getting ready to shoot as he tries composing but the worries overcome him as multiple lightning strikes shoots out wildly as Lexington grunts in pain.

Lexi: "that's not good." She says with worry as Simon agrees as he asks Lex what went wrong.

Lexington: "believe me I'm trying to make sense of this guiding thing but it just doesn't make sense, if I'm not in control then... How can I guarantee my or the safety of others?" He asks looking down falling to his knees as Simon kneels down before him.

Simon: "I understand Lex but trying to control lightning when it doesn't want to be? You could lose your hand or your life at worst." He says as Lex looks up at him understanding the risks. "You still got a month so we'll keep trying but let's move on to your other elements." He says with slight excitement as Lex looks in confusion.

Lexi: "dad actually mastered wind so this will be easier... And funnier." As Lex goes to ask what she means when he's sent flying back across the ground and into a small lake.

Lexington: "what the fuck!?" He asks crawling out of the lake as he sees both his father and sister laughing.

Simon: "wind is by far the easiest and most convenient to use as it's all around us." As Lex scoffs slightly as he copies the hand motion his father did sending out a burst of wind as Simon does the same as they're both sent back as Lex once again plummets into the lake as Lexi snorts seeing this.

Lexington: "damn it!" He says focusing wind to his feet which sends him up in the air though it's very sloppy in execution. "Oh I see, better mobility." He thinks while using wind to propel himself forward but uses it to slow down.

Simon: "there you go... But watch this." As he swings his arm horizontally as Lex sees a bunch of trees get sliced cleanly. "That's a sharp gale of wind for, go ahead." He says encouraging Lex who swings his arm the same way and sees a boulder split down the middle.

Lexington: "holy..." He says chuckling to himself as he does it a few more times to get the hang of the motion. He looks over at Lexi getting an idea. "heads up!" He says sending a wave of water her way but Lexi uses her lightning speed to swerve around the and is in Lexington's face. "Oh fuck." He says as Lexi pushes him into the lake. "Stop it! I'm already wet!" He shouts in annoyance as Lexi smirks with amusement and helps him out.