13: Robin's Song

1078 AP (after phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
CRIMSON SUN 13TH

It's been multiple weeks since Lexington had his first class in weapons training and has been training Aiden on the sideline who's caught on quickly and improved drastically. He's currently being tested by his father who's clearly more experienced but Lex isn't backing down.

Simon: "easy Lex, no need to go so hard." He says as Lex calms down catching his breath.

Lexington: "sorry... I just get into it whenever I'm fighting, practice or not... You still haven't shown me what your weapon is." He says sitting down as Simon chuckles softly.

Simon: "it's a surprise Lex." As Lexington shakes his head slightly annoyed.

Lexington: "you named the damn thing Reaper's Harvest... I have high expectations father." He says jokingly earning a chuckle from his father.

Simon: "in time Lex." As he looks over seeing Elyria get whacked across the face by Zeke and goes to use magic but Simon grabs his wrist. "I said no magic Zeke, do you have short term memory loss?"

Zeke: "what's it matter? She's a knife ear." As Simon suddenly grabs him by the neck and lifts him off the ground surprising everyone there.

Simon: "listen closely Zeke or whatever the hell your name is, if your hatred for a race gets in the way again then you're nothing but a liability to our order." He says dropping him and looks towards Elyria helping her up. "Lex go take her to the healer." He says as Lexington nods leaving with Elyria.

Elyria: "Lex I'm fine." She says sighing.

Lexington: "I know El... I just wanna hang around you." He says as Elyria chuckles softly.

Elyria: "flattering." She says as they arrive at the healer as Mary greets her with a tight hug.

Lexington: "hey mom." He gasps out from the bear hug as Elyria is amused by this.

Mary: "these must Elyria you told me about, it's good to meet you young one." She says as Elyria sits down with Mary healing her slight bruise. "Interesting." She says as Lexington raises his brow at what she's getting at. "Elyria seems to not be fully developed for an elf." She says as Lexington begins overthinking.

Lexington: "not fully developed? Is something wrong with her?" He asks with concern.

Mary: "no sweetie there's nothing wrong her, she's just yet to become a full adult and elves usually have a ritual to celebrate this but we don't exactly have elves here." She says as Lexington acknowledges this.

Elyria: "it's nothing serious if that's what you're worried about."

Lexington: "worried? I uh... You're a tough one, I got nothing to worry about." He states with some confidence but eventually leaves.

Elyria: "Is he okay? I'm not a human expert but that didn't seem right." She says as Mary looks over.

Mary: "I wished I knew, he is my son but there's still a lot I need to learn about him, you're free to go." She says as Elyria leaves headed to the mess hall where she meets up with Lyra.

Lyra: "where's Lex?" She asks as Elyria shrugs not sure. "if you don't mind I got some questions about your culture." She says as Elyria motion her to ask away. "So what exactly was your people's relationship with the Sky elves?"

Elyria: "they protected us and we looked up to them, I've only heard stories from my father... He talked about them like they were gods or something, very elegant and beautiful." She says as Lyra raises her brow at how she said that. "Uh... It's just stories from what I hear but I've always been studying the Averials, everything they did was just great and their wings... It's something I wished I could've seen." She says with a lot of admiration.