8: Shapeshifter

1078 AP (After Phoenix)
27TH CRIMSON FLOWER

A man is rushing up the stairs as his men are getting ripped to shreds by some sort of animal. He eventually arrives and locks the door with his weapon in hand as he hears his men getting torn apart but the screams eventually stops but hears heavy footsteps headed towards his room as it begins banging against the door.

Man: "get the hell away from me you freak!" He threatens as the door breaks open as he's mauled to the ground by the bear as it begins clawing and biting into his flesh as if it's purposely torturing the man.

Bear: "you dare frame me!? Me of all people!?" As the man is stunned but can't speak as the bear claws his neck open. "I will rip and tear till I kill everyone who was involved that day!" He says biting the man's neck and ripping his head clean off as he hears a gasp behind him. He turns seeing a young girl in the doorway.

Young girl: "please... Don't hurt me." As the bear approaches but the girl opens her eyes seeing a man kneeling before her. "Where... Where it'd go?" She asks filled with confusion.

Man: "don't worry it's gone, you got anyone who can care for you?" As the girl nods and soon asks for his name. "Just... Call me Sigurd." He says leading the girl outside to whoever she needs to see. *day passes.* Lexington is seated on Robyn as Elyria is feeding her carrots while Aiden is helping one of the locals while Roxanne is keeping an eye on them.

Elyria: "how's the arm?" She directs to Lexington.

Lexington: "it's had better days that's for sure." He says as Elyria motions that she's gonna change his bandage which he allows.

Elyria: "well you got a tale worthy scar which would definitely earn the respect of my tribe." As Lexington looks over motioning for her to explain. "My tribe thinks scars are a way of proving if you're an warrior or not... I never really bought it as... Scars aren't something to be proud of, you could've lost your arm. You realize that right?"

Lexington: "I know, you're not worried for me are you?" He asks as Elyria stops what she's doing.

Elyria: "am I not allowed to worried?" She asks as Lexington doesn't know how to respond to that but Alec calls out to them. "This discussion is far from over." She whispers to him and finishes applying the new bandage.

Roxanne: "so you got anything?"

Alec: "that and then some, apparently they say a bear killed every single man in there, weird part is they say a young man exited the place leading a girl out." He says as Roxanne kicks at the ground.

Roxanne: "so what? A Shapeshifter with a heart of gold?" She asks as Alec retorts that it wouldn't be the first time.

Aiden: "so what are Shapeshifters exactly?"

Alec: "Shapeshifters are basically humans or elves but with the magical ability to change into any animal they wish, many think they don't exist as it's a pain in the ass to find out if one is a shifter." He says as Aiden can tell Alec isn't thrilled about this.

Aiden: "I understand you have a responsibility but shouldn't we focus on getting to Griffin Island? We're only a week's travel away from the port, I'm just saying." He says but Roxanne quickly shuts that down.

Roxanne: "you got a location of where the girl could be?" As Alec surprisingly says yes. "Alright kiddos stay here while the adults look into this." She says jokingly while she and Alec leave as the three head inside.

Lexington: "Ugh... I'm twenty-one years old yet I'm still getting called a kid... That actually reminds me, how old are you guys?" As Elyria says she's twenty while Aiden says he's twenty-two.