17: Brother and Sister

1078 AP (after phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
CRIMSON SUN 30TH

Lexington is overlooking the view he has from his room when his father comes in as they greet each other.

Simon: "last day of weapon training, I'll just say you did exceptionally well... Much better than most of the recruits." He praises as Lexington nods appreciating his father's words but asks what's with the ship leaving. "Ah that ship is taking any recruits we deemed unworthy or willingly dropped out back to their original homes." As this surprises Lexington.

Lexington: "over thirty people?" He asks stunned as Simon nods while looking out the window.

Simon: "some people just aren't made for this life, sure some give it their all but sometimes we require actual talent." He states being honest but harsh as Lexington nods. "Come on, lets get this day out of the way." He says while walking with Lexington. "You and your sister talk at all yet?" He wonders but Lexington states it's happened but not that much to his disappointment.

Lexington: "I can't really blame her though, I'm still getting used all of this myself. You and mom are doing what you can so I won't judge too much." He says as Simon understands but is disappointed that his two kids aren't talking. They eventually arrive to the training area finding Aiden stretching rather unnaturally. "I swear to Aiglia your body has no bones." Which earns him a chuckle from Aiden who hops a bit.

Aiden: "it's called being flexible Lex, you'd be amazed how useful it can be." He teases as Lexington scoffs dismissing.

Simon: "okay Rousseau since you're such in a good mood today, you can start us off against princess Aigle." As Aiden nods eagerly which both Lexington and Simon find strange.

Simon: "is he on shrooms or something?" He legitimately asks but Lexington shakes his head finding the question ridiculous.

Lyra: "no hard feelings when you're flat on your back." She playfully teases as Aiden twirls his practice sword with ease.

Aiden: "feeling's mutual your grace." He jokes as he and Lyra circle each other as Aiden makes multiple attempts but is backed off by the range advantage Lyra has with her practice spear as they both can understand what the other has to do. Aiden tries circling her but she maintains eye contact keeping her guard up.

Aiden seeing an opportunity throws his practice sword at her which forces her to deflect it which ends up back in Aiden's hands who closed the distance while she was briefly distracted. Lyra knowing the disadvantage she's been placed blocks a downwards strike from Aiden as they have the same idea to keep up the attacks as neither of land solid blows.

Simon: "seems his training with you is paying off." He whispers to Lexington who nods actually proud of Aiden. Lyra begins to get more aggressive sending multiple thrusts with her practice spear with Aiden barely avoiding these attacks and is smacked in the stomach seeing Lyra backup while twirling her practice spear with a smirk.

Lyra: "don't tell me you're afraid to hit a girl." She says playfully as Aiden charges her as she thrusts with her practice but Aiden at the last second slides beneath the practice spear as Lyra realizes what he just did as she is kicked in both legs and collapses onto him as he holds her close with the practice sword touching her neck.

Aiden: "that answer your question my grace?" He asks jokingly as Lyra shakes her head but smiles.

Simon: "your grace that is a rather inappropriate position for you to be in." He says smirking making Lyra jump to her feet while brushing herself off.

Lyra: "shut it." She barks back as Aiden kips up with impressive athleticism.

Simon: "Aiden you look significantly better than you did weeks ago, keep at it... Alright next!" He orders as the session goes on for an hour.