15: Wolf Prince

1078 AP (after phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
CRIMSON SUN 18TH

Sigurd is eating by himself after a long day of weapons training as their archery skills were tested which he despised as bows aren't exactly his favorite weapon to use, Elyria did the best out of all of them which isn't at all surprising as elves are praised for their skills in archery but his thought process or lack there of is interrupted seeing Lexington and Aiden asking if they sit here.

Sigurd: "why don't you hang out with Elyria or the princess even?" He asks bluntly as Lexington retorts they're in the middle of a girl's talk. "The freezing hell does that mean?" He asks raising his brow.

Aiden: "they're trying to understand each other's culture and history is what Lex meant to say, he just wanted to give you the wrong idea." He says as Lexington hits him in the shoulder.

Sigurd: "whatever... Just don't be annoying alright?" He asks as they sit and begin eating but Lexington decides to ask him something.

Lexington: "so how is it a shapeshifter is also a prince of Newcastle?" He asks curiously as Sigurd growls slightly but knows Lex is gonna keep asking.

Sigurd: "mother is a shapeshifter but point is she once saved the former King of Newcastle and in return my father took her in as a maid and started an affair with her which eventually resulted in me... Let's just say my half brother's mother was pissed that there was another prince on the table." He says closing his eyes as Aiden inquires who's leading Newcastle now. "I don't fuckin know redhead, I wasn't exactly curious enough about the line of succession... I'm probably the only Wolfson left which is an agonizing thought."

Aiden: "you don't care for your father's throne?" He asks as Sigurd closes his fist hearing this.

Sigurd: "why should I? I'm not good enough for a responsibility that big." He says trying to compose himself.

Lexington: "no offense but it sounds like you're running away from your responsibility." He says being honest as Sigurd slams his fists down on the verge of shifting into a bear and ripping Lexington's throat out.

Sigurd: "I am not running!" He says flipping the table and leaves with everyone staring at him in surprise as Dante was watching this go down. Sigurd is outside walking the beach in irritation. "Why did I have to be born?" He asks in his head as he stares at the sand beneath him.

Dante: "I understand your burden, it's not something I'd envy." He says approaching as Sigurd turns to him with an ice cold glare.

Sigurd: "save your pity old man, you're no doubt disgusted that a shapeshifter is attending your academy." He assumes as Dante twirls his cane chuckling at this accusation.

Dante: "why? Cause I'm a headmaster for an academy designed to kill troublesome folk like you? A pretty hefty accusation for a Prince who can't accept responsibility." He says getting under Sigurd's skin as he shifts into a wolf and lunges at him in anger but Dante with unbelievable speed slams his cane down on Sigurd's spine and pins him to the ground as Sigurd grunts and growls.

Dante: "I may be an old man but you're still a child who can't think clearly." He says while kneeling and keeping his cane on Sigurd's spine who stops resisting. "I may be a huntsman but that doesn't mean I'm disgusted by your presence, far from it in fact... You being here makes me believe that mythical beings and non mythical beings can coexist." He says as Sigurd growls lowly.

Dante: "you were no doubt subjected to fear and assumptions your whole life due your shapeshifter abilities no?" He asks as Sigurd only nods wondering his point is. "Tell me... Before your father and brother died, did you think you'd never have to face the responsibility of kingship?"