9: Bloody History

1078 AP (After Phoenix)
29TH CRIMSON FLOWER

The past two days have been chaotic as Lexington and Sigurd haven't been getting along which is often broken up by the others if it got too bad. Lexington is currently practicing some basic magic when he's approached by Aiden.

Aiden: "can I ask you something?" As Lexington jokes that he just did earning a soft chuckle from Elyria. "Two days ago you talked about the church in a rather negative manner calling them money grabbing zealots." He says as Lexington stops what he's doing and looks over. "Why do you have that opinion?" He asks with his arms crossed as Lexington turns to him.

Lexington: "cause that's exactly what the church is fire dancer, they're nothing but opportunistic snakes who prey on weak minded folk who believe their goddess is looking out for them and has their best interests in mind... It's fuckin hysterical." As Elyria notices that Aiden seems to be taking this personally.

Aiden: "you don't believe Aiglia exists?" He asks as Lexington shakes his head.

Lexington: "I don't believe in any of the gods like Aiglia, Úlfuris, or Rhaezyar. It's nothing but make-believe." As Aiden maintains a calm stare asking why he believes that. "Cause if they did exist then why have they allowed everything that's happened in the hundred years? Like the elves being slaves for a time after the Royal elf Purge or..." He says stopping himself as Elyria gets a feeling knowing what he's about to say. "Or my friend being burned alive by a tyrannical king?" He asks as Aiden takes a couple moments to process this question.

Aiden: "would you'd rather them be hands-on? Cause I'll be honest Lex, you're the last person who likes being told what to do."

Lexington: "that isn't... THE POINT!" He says raising his voice. "If the gods do exist then they don't care for us at all, for example I could've been raised by my parents but instead I was raised by a group of a fuckin mercenaries!" He says blasting lightning into the sky out of his fingers in anger. "And besides, I believe in something I can actually hold and use to protect myself... I don't need a false prayer." He says walking off as Aiden sighs heavily.

Elyria: "you okay?" As Aiden says he'll be fine.

Sigurd: "guy's got issues worse than me and I'm falsely blamed for a crime of murdering my own family." He says with sarcasm as Alec walks by catching up with Lexington and turns him around.

Alec: "you need to get a grip Lex, this kind of behavior is unacceptable at the academy." As Lexington scoffs with disapproval.

Lexington: "yeah but I'm at least admitting what I think." As Alec raises his brow as he worded that to be an insult. "You keep looking at me like you have something to say but keep avoiding it like the plague." He says with frustration filling with his voice. "Just say whatever you have to say." As Alec sighs while looking up at the sky.

Alec: "ever since your first kindred vision, I've been suspicious of who your parents were but after you mentioned Zachariah? My suspicion became true." As Lexington tells him to get to the point. "Your father is Simon Hunter III, Master huntsman and fellow friend of mine, your mother is Mary Hunter who used to be a nun... And Lexi is your younger sister." He says as Lexington backs away processing this.

Lexington: "and why should I believe this?" He asks trying to find an excuse to not believe this when Alec places his hand on his head chanting something as Lexington is blinded as he finds himself and Alec in a church.

Alec: "this is a vision from over twenty one years ago Lex... And that's your mother giving birth to you." As Lexington looks to his right seeing a his mother wearing nun clothing in the process of giving birth with other nuns assisting her. Lexington slowly walks over to his mother examining her closely as he is surprised by her beauty as he stops zoning out hearing her scream and eventually a baby crying.