37: Battle of Griffin Island

1078 AP (after phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
GOLDEN FALCON 9TH

Lexington is currently sitting at a table with Elyria as everyone is still shook by what happened two days ago with Aiden revealing himself to be Athorazen after the death of his mother, the Phoenix King dying afterwards. Lexington can't help but think of Aiden or Athorazen wondering what he could've done differently, sure he couldn't stop Aiden physically but Lexington feels as though he didn't try hard enough.

Elyria: "it wasn't your fault Lex." She says soothingly whilst affectionately rubbing her head against his as Lex returns this.

Lexington: "I just wish I could've done more." He says as Elyria understands his regret and kisses his neck gently which he appreciates when they see Lyra enter with Sigurd and Edmund. "Hello... Your grace." He says not sure if he's supposed to say that yet.

Lyra: "it's... Not official till I come home, which will be tonight and Sigurd's also coming along." She says as Lexington and Elyria acknowledges this but get the wrong idea. "Don't tease me please." She says chuckling with amusement.

Elyria: "I'm certain you'll be a great Queen Lyra, I can't imagine the dresses they'll put you in." She jokes as Lyra laughs somewhat.

Lyra: "no you can't." She says with a friendly smile but soon turns to a friend. "Can't imagine what Petra's going through right now." She says feeling bad knowing that she and Aiden began spending time together a lot recently.

Sigurd: "I think Zeke's actually talking with her now." He comments as Zeke meanwhile is trying to talk with Petra who's hitting a target over and over again.

Zeke: "Petra?" He questions while tilting his head but Petra continues striking the target with a shield and stabs it.

Petra: "if you're here to talk about Aiden then save it! Talking about him won't help." She says with her voice breaking as she tightens her grip on her short sword.

Zeke: "we can talk about other things." He says kindly trying to help Petra not feel upset.

Petra: "like what?" She asks with attitude as Zeke sighs wanting to help her. "I'm sorry just... I was on the verge of trusting him and then yesterday happens." She says with her back still facing Zeke.

Zeke: "if anyone of us were a half-breed Demon would we admit to it immediately?" He asks as Petra chuckles finding the way he said that to be humorous. "And while I don't necessarily agree with him killing the Phoenix King, he had his reasons... There's no denying that." He says as Petra turns her head to him.

Petra: "maybe but that doesn't change the fact he killed someone like a monster would." As Zeke has a comeback for this.

Zeke: "maybe in that moment but he never once treated us that way... Hell he danced with you when nobody else would." He says as Petra looks away while crossing her arms.

Petra: "I ever see him again? Well it'll be a long ways to regain my trust." She says as Zeke gives an understanding nod as any normal person would take that precaution. Dante meanwhile is finishing writing a variety of letters to every Huntsman and Huntress making them aware of recent events.

Roxanne: "I still can't believe Aiden the recruit I brought in could be that." She says as Alec is seated in a chair. "I couldn't see that coming, not even on my best day." She says as Dante looks up seeing her regret.

Dante: "none of us could, but there's no use in wallowing in the regret." He advises as Roxanne nods understanding but she can't help but feel terrible for what happened.

Alec: "think we could hold this place against a bunch of Demon Knights along with their King?" He asks as Dante retorts saying that's why he's writing to every Huntsman and Huntress. "The moment to attack would be now and the students won't be safe at all should it happen."