Chapter 13

Michael

☼☼☼

Oh my god. Sophie.

She was now sitting on my kitchen counter and everything was really tense. She had an ice pack pressed to her head and her hand was clutching my hand tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Sophie. I'm so sorry," I said for the millionth time that hour.

"Don't worry, Michael. I just don't do well with large crowds that are out for the kill," she said annoyed but smiling sweetly. I wasn't sure if she was annoyed at me apologizing or if she was annoyed at the mob. I should've stayed closer to her.

"I was so worried. You were out for like ten minutes," I said.

"It's happened before, I would've been okay," she said shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm so sorry Sophie," I said pulling her into a hug.

She almost fell off the counter but I steadied her.

"It's happened before and it's not even my worse injury. Don't worry," she said getting off the counter.

She threw the ice pack and made her way back to me.

"Can you call Calum so that he can take me to the mall?" She asked.

"Why do you want to be with Calum and not me?" I asked quickly getting offended.

"Because this was our plan earlier so I could pick up your birthday present dummy," she said shaking her head, slightly amused.

"Okay," I said pouting slightly.

She quickly wrapped her arms around me and I went to hug her back but something stopped me. Her hand was on my butt. I was frozen in place. She pulled something out and then returned to where she had been.

She had my phone.

Soph started typing and then after a few minutes she gave me back my phone. I was in awe. Normally, if the other guys tried to use my phone is hurt them but with Soph, I didn't mind. I actually liked knowing she trusted me enough and that I trusted her enough.

"Calum will be here in five minutes," Sophie said, "I'm going to go change."

She left the room and after a few minutes I went and followed.

I walked to my room and waited outside the door.

"Dammit Soph, it's easy. Just one arm through one arm-hole and another arm through the other arm-hole," I heard her mutter through the door and my heart fluttered a bit.

I pushed the door open and saw Sophie standing in a pair of shorts but without a shirt on. She was wearing a black lacy bra and it looked hot.

"Need help?" I asked grinning.

I heard a shriek and Sophie was on the floor.

"Knock next time, Clifford! For all you know I could've been naked!" She exclaimed trying to cover up her front. I laughed.

I had already seen her naked once; why was she being shy?

"Then I'll make sure to definitely not knock next time," I said smugly and she rolled her eyes.

"What do you want Clifford?" she asked from where she was still sitting on the floor.

"I think the question is what do you want. You seem to be struggling," I said laughing and she glared at me.

"I can't my shirt on," she pouted.

She stood up and walked over to me handing me the shirt. It wasn't even her shirt. It was mine. I was going to have to talk to her about wearing her own clothes.