Chapter 3

Sophie

☼☼☼

6 months previously

~2:03 pm~

To: "sex god" Mikey

sorry i can't go to the show tonight. mom's forcing me to go somewhere with her

~2:05 pm~

From: "sex god" Mikey

it just hurts because it's our second time in michigan and i haven't met you yet. we wouldnt even be having a show if it werent for you. and it's our first headlining show in michigan

~2:05 pm~

To: "sex god" Mikey

you know if i could, i'd be there right?

~2:07 pm~

From: "sex god" Mikey

doesn't feel like you put in as much as i do in this friendship

~2:11 pm~

To: "sex god" Mikey

that's bullshit. you know that. i'm even wearing our best friend sweatshirt right now

~2:12 pm~

From: "sex god" Mikey

we have soundcheck

~2:17 pm~

To: "sex god" Mikey

whatever have a good show

I put my phone in my purse and slid into the drivers seat of the car. It was official, I was going to surprise Michael. He didn't know. I was kind of mad because of his attitude but I understood where he was coming from. I was very excited to say the least. Only Calum knew I was going. I needed at least one person to know I was going to show up and Calum and I were the closest besides Calum and I. I was going to be meeting my best friend.

I turned on the radio loudly, blasting their songs and started the three hour drive to Detroit.

***

I pulled into the parking lot of the place they were playing at when my phone started ringing.

I pulled it out checking the called ID.

*Cal-Pal is calling*

I quickly answered and I was being frantically talked at by two different people.

"Are you here yet?" Calum whispered.

"Yeah, I just pulled up," I said.

"Well, we can't get you back here right now but after the show, yeah?" Calum asked.

"Of course," I said smiling even though he couldn't see me.

"Ok, bye Sophie," he said.

I said my good-bye and hung up. I was ready to get into the building but there was still an half an hour until the doors opened. I saw a line forming. I decided to stall the most that I could. I got out of the car and adjusted my blouse and shorts, hoping that I looked decent. I quickly got in line behind a girl wearing a prom dress, dear Lord.

I hoped no one would recognize me, I didn't want Michael to know I was here until he saw me. It would be difficult for someone to spot me, I had recently dyed my hair light pink. Recently as in today.