Chapter 19

Sophie

☼☼☼

"Sophie, you haven't talked to him in three days, please just answer your phone," Calum begged.

Calum was sitting next to me on the bed and we had been scrolling through Tumblr together until he started mentioning Michael after we saw a post about us on my feed. The fans had gone slightly, insane, after seeing that we had finally met.

I stayed quiet as Calum kept talking, "He's still your best friend, you should talk to him."

"Calum," I sighed.

"I know what he did was bad but he truly does care about you, don't let one of his mistakes stop you from completely avoiding him," Calum continued.

"Calum, I watched him make out with two different people and then the next day he says he likes me, how do you expect me to react?" I asked annoyed, I rolled my eyes at Calum's persistence but it wouldn't work. I would only talk to Michael on my own terms.

"Technically, you did the same. But you probably did worse, you made out with his best friend and more than once, you even did yesterday," Calum shrugged and I hit him on the arm lightly.

"But it wasn't two of his best friends," I tried to defend myself but this time Calum rolled his eyes at me.

"I didn't fuck you and he probably did with at least one of the girls! I'm allowed to be mad!"

"Can't you just swallow your pride and talk to him again?" Calum asked.

"No, I'm hurt."

"Sophie," Calum warned.

I sighed, burying my face into his chest and his grip around me tightened.

"Can't we talk about this later? I'm hungry," I pouted.

Calum once again sighed but picked me up anyways. I let out a squeal which he laughed at and we made our way to the kitchen.

"What do you want?" Calum asked.

"Do you have pizza rolls?" I asked and Calum rolled his eyes.

"You seem to forget that the boys come over at least once a week and they would kill me if I didn't," Calum said smiling.

Calum placed a tray of pizza rolls into the oven and I watched as he swiftly moved across the kitchen. He was humming to some Blink-182 song that I recognized but couldn't name while he danced slightly to the hum he was creating.

"What song is that?" I asked.

"Man Overboard," he answered and I nodded my head in comprehension.

He pulled out his phone to actually play the song but was stopped when my phone started ringing. For the 93rd time since I had been at Calum's. It was Michael. I knew it.

"Answer it," Calum said.

"I don't want to."

I frowned looking down at my phone and it's constant ringing. Alone Together echoed throughout the otherwise quiet room.

"Answer it or I will throw away all the pizza rolls," Calum sighed, he ran his fingers through his hair and I knew he was frustrated.

He didn't like being torn in between two of his friends but he knew that I didn't have any other place to stay and I needed my space from Michael. At least for a little while.

I sighed, grabbing my phone and walking out of the kitchen to go back to Calum's room. I wanted to be alone when I talked to Michael.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and set my phone in front of me. I waited about four seconds before hesitantly pressing the answer button and then the speaker button.