Chapter 24

Sophie

☼☼☼

"I hate this."

Michael had been grumbling for the past hour about how we had forced him to go on this hike. It was only going to be Ashton, Luke and I originally but Michael didn't want me to go alone. He was afraid I'd get eaten by a bear because I was "tiny and easily mistaken for a fox".

He also winked, basically because he was just hitting on me and I had rolled my eyes at him after.

"Why did you decide to come with us then?" Ashton asked, looking over at the boy who was sitting on a rock, "We haven't even gotten to the mountains yet."

"I'm not sure but I do regret it," he said and Ashton rolled his eyes at the boy.

"If you want, I'll take you back to the beach house. I can always do this another day and I feel like everyone would prefer you not complaining," Luke said, patting the paler boy's shoulder.

"Can you carry me?" Michael asked dramatically, reaching towards Luke and it took everything in me not to laugh as Luke hesitantly agreed.

Michael jumped up onto Luke's back and I watched as they walked in the opposite direction, leaving Ashton and I to continue our path.

There was a strange silence over us as we walked past the leaves and trees but neither of us seemed to care. We liked being in nature.

"So, how are you liking Australia so far?" Ashton asked.

"I love it so much, it's so pretty here and I love being near the beach. It's so much better than Michigan," I said smiling widely and Ashton did the same.

"What about Michael? How is it to be seeing/dating your best friend in person?" he asked, we continued walking down the path, enjoying each others company.

"Honestly, it's like being on cloud nine. I get to see my best friend who I love and I get to see my somewhat-boyfriend and start to fall in love with him at the same time. I know we've been on and off fighting since I got here but I feel like that happens with every couple though," I explained, Ashton nodding his head along as he listened to me talk.

"I like your view on it, like you're so positive on it even when most people would give up on a type of relationship you and Michael have after the first fight," Ashton said agreeing. We moved off to the edge of the path and sat down on a rock to sit down for a second.

"It's just if you know that you care for them strongly, you shouldn't just let it all go if you get in one fight," I said, and Ashton nodded his head.

We slowly got up from the rock and continued making our way up the hill. It wasn't that much longer until we would get to the last stop and would have to make our way back down.

"Can you take my picture at the highest point we can go? Like where I'm facing the front and all you can see if my back and the view?" Ashton asked, once we had spotted the final clearing.

"I should've seen this coming," I mumbled, rolling my eyes and then grabbing Ashton's phone as he grinned.

"You're a true friend," he said smiling and I just grumbled as I took the picture he wanted.

We stayed up at the top for another ten or fifteen minutes, taking random pictures and joking around, before we decided to walk back.

"Do you think Luke and Michael will have made it back yet?" Ashton asked, ducking under a low branch and I let out a short laugh.

"They probably stayed in the same place," I said, grinning as we continued on the way down the path.

***

I honestly wasn't surprised to find out Michael was still showering once Ashton and I got back. I was sitting on the bed, reading a book, when he walked into the room in only his skinny jeans and with damp hair.

"Wow, what a hottie!" I called from behind my book and Michael laughed as he walked over to where I was sitting.

"Really? If anything, you're the hottie here," he said, sitting on the bed next to me and then pulling me on his lap.

"No, Michael! I'm so sweaty. This is so gro-" I started but was cut off by Michael pressing his lips to mine and his tongue entering my mouth.

My hands went to his hair and his hands gripped onto my hips as we continued making out on the bed.

Michael bit lightly on my bottom lip before I pulled away and started kissing down Michael's neck and tried to find his sweet spot, which didn't take long. I started biting there lightly and sucking on the spot as Michael bit his lip to hold back a m.oan. I blew cold air onto the mark I had made and Michael's fingers dug into my hips.

"Princess, you're normally a submissive person, what the hell?" Michael said through puffs of breath.

I just rolled my eyes as I slowly ground my hips on Michael's and his tongue roamed my mouth. He didn't seem to care as he let out a soft m.oan and I held back a laugh as I felt him start to get h.ard. I just wanted to go shower.

Michael's hands went up my sides and I laughed as he brushed his fingers across my rib cage.

"Did you just giggle in the middle of our make-out session?" Michael asked, moving his hands from where they were to rest on my hips again.

"You tickled me," I mumbled, as I hid my face into the crook of his neck. I was trying so hard to hide the blush in my neck and I felt so embarrassed.

"You're so cute and I'm so glad you're mine," Michael said, nudging his nose against my cheek and I giggled again.

"If anything, you're the cute one," I said, kissing his cheek.

"Please let us not be one of those couples," Michael gasped and I laughed as I kissed him on the lips this time. He quickly kissed back and more eagerly than earlier.

"Well, I think I'm going to go take a bath now," I said crawling off of Michael and walked towards my bag to grab a change of clothes and my towel.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Michael asked, with wide eyes. He looked frustrated as I started walking towards the bathroom, swaying my hips to the sides a bit more to tease him.

"I hate you," Michael said, pouting from where he was one the bed.

"You can come join me," I said smiling, watching Michael perk up and quickly getting off the bed.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, by sitting on the side of the tub," I said smiling cheekily as Michael frowned again.

"It's that of nothing," I said, biting my lip, waiting to see Michael's reaction.

"I don't like this sudden dominance you have but it's actually quite hot how confident you're being," Michael said, walking over to where I was before taking my towel away from me.

"You're still not getting in the bathtub with me," I said, laughing and rolling my eyes as I started filling up the tub.

"Fuck you," Michael grumbled, sitting on the edge of the bathtub as he watched the water start to rise up with bubbles.

☼☼☼

OH MY GOD HI GUYS! I'm so so so so sorry it took me forever to update but I've been strangely busy this summer. I'm leaving on Sunday for vacation for two weeks out of the country, to France and Spain, and I won't have much wifi then so I'm trying to update every story at least once before then. I won't have wifi a lot and updates will take longer. I love y'all a lot and thank you for understanding on why it might take longer.

I finished my Calum fanfic also, last weekend and if you want to read it, you should. I also have another Michael fanfic and a Lashton one if you want to read that to keep you occupied.

Thank you so much for 56k reads and I hope to update soon. I love you all so much. Xx

~malumwritings