Chapter 1

Sophie

☼☼☼

~3 years previously~

I wanted to go home.

"Class, you are going to have read pages 51-103 in your History Alive! textbook for homework. You have the first 15 minutes of class to begin," my teacher said monotonously. I really did not want to do my homework at the moment... or at any moment honestly. I was exhausted.

I grabbed the coffee cup that was in front and took a sip. The hot liquid went burning down my throat. I grabbed my phone that was in front of me. I, being very very rebellious, logged onto my Twitter and started scrolling through my feed. Everything was going fine until my phone went off, signaling that someone had followed me. I mentally cursed myself. I looked up and saw the whole class with their eyes on me. I don't think they expected this from me. I was normally very quiet.

"Miss Rose, I'll gladly see you after school today for detention," my teacher, Mr. Lance said. He walked towards me and held his hand out. I put my phone out and he grasped onto it with his bird-like hands.

"You can get it back at the end of the day."

***

I barely got notifications and I had a total of about 37 followers. Well, 38 now I guess. I was very confused to say the least. I was watching everyone leave the school from the classroom window. I was very jealous.

"Sophie! Pay attention!" Mr. Lance yelled. I jumped from the desk I was sitting at and he sat at his desk glaring at me.

"Did you listen to anything that I had just said?" he asked.

"No, sorry," I apologized.

"I was saying that you can't live on your phone forever and you're going to need to learn that in the real world, you can't always use your phone. You need to pay attention in class. Do you think you could have ADD or ADHD?" he rambled.

"I do not have ADD nor ADHD, sir," I said defending myself. He was insane.

"Are you sure? That seems like a very valid reason," Mr. Lance said.

"My mom had me tested two years ago when my brother was diagnosed with ADD. Trust me, I don't have it," I said clearly.

"But I might go a bit homocidal," I muttered under my breath.

"What was that?" Mr. Lance asked.

"Nothing," I said shaking it off.

"Oh, okay, I'm only going to make you stay after half an hour," he said, "I have to get to my book club meeting."

"Whatever," I said.

I sat in silence, staring out the window once again. I tapped my fingers to the beat of the Green Day song I had stuck in my head. I just wanted my phone back. I had a long day and I wanted to blast out my worries with music. I sighed, resting my head on my hand.

I never got in trouble. This was the first time I had gotten in trouble since basically preschool. Most teachers didn't care if I used my phone but Mr. Lance was the exception.

I continued staring out the window until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"You can leave now," Mr. Lance said, setting my phone down in front of me. I quickly snatched it and went running out of the room as fast as I could.

"Bye," I muttered as I ran out the door.

"Sophie, don't run!" he yelled.

***

*Michael Clifford (Michael5SOS) followed you*

I creeped on this boy's account he was the reason I was in trouble in the first place. He was really cute but he had a really weird fringe. I guess I could overlook it.

I quickly decided to follow him back and thought nothing of it.

*Michael Clifford sent you a DM*

What? I didn't even know the kid. I decided to respond anyways.

Michael5SOS: hey! thank you for following back! i was (kind of) creeping on twitter and i found your account and i think your v v cute and i wanna be friends :)))

_SophRose: you used the wrong "your" but anyways what's up? I just got out of detention

Michael5SOS: i'm about to go to sleep it's like 3 am here. what did you get in detention for?

_SophRose: it was because of you, dumb-butt. my phone went off in class. holy shit! where do you live?

Michael5SOS: australia, where are you from?

_SophRose: a small town in northern michigan. it's not very cool.

Michael5SOS: never heard of it

_SophRose: why is there "5SOS" in your twitter name?

Michael5SOS: i'm in a band ;)

_SophRose: is that supposed to impress me???

Michael5SOS: ouch, that hurts

_SophRose: i was just kidding, Michael. it's actually very cool. what's the name of the band?

Michael5SOS: 5 Seconds Of Summer. you should check us out. ;)

_SophRose: what if i dont wanna

Michael5SOS: pleaseeeeee i'm desperate! i'll even send you a free ep if you want. we're not that big and promotion is fun

_SophRose: maybe

Michael5SOS: sophieeeeeeee you won't regret it ;)

_SophRose: what would you describe your sound as?

Michael5SOS: very very punk rock

_SophRose: you're harmless. you can't be punk rock

Michael5SOS: that's what they all say until they see just how intimidating I am

_SophRose: you look like a giant chihuahua pup

Michael5SOS: that's because you haven't seen my great dane yet ;)

_SophRose: it's our first time talking and you're already telling me penis jokes, lovely.

Michael5SOS: there's more in store ;)

_SophRose: yay, i'm enthralled

_SophRose: michael, you send the winky face a lot

Michael5SOS: does it make you uncomfortable? ;)

_SophRose: you're strange

Michael5SOS: geez, rude.

_SophRose: i didn't say it was a bad thing

Michael5SOS: i think we're gonna be really good friends

_SophRose: eh, we'll see

☼☼☼

NEW FANFIC YES YES YES YES THIS ONE ACTUALLY HAS A PLOT OKAY YEHA IM VERY EXCITED AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW IT GOES ANYWAYS HAPPY 4TH OF JULY AND GOOD NIGHT

~_HeartbreakHemmings