Chapter 25

Sophie

(Sort of long author's note at the end but it's worth reading :-) )

☼☼☼

The sun felt nice as Michael and I were sitting in a cave near the private beach where our beach house was. Michael had made the guys leave us alone and now we were having a picnic while talking about random things that would make us laugh. We were on our first date and nothing could go wrong.

Michael had set up a picnic underneath the cave and I was sitting on his lap as we watched the surfers and other families running around on the beach.

"Can you hand me my purse?" I asked and Michael reached behind himself to hand it over to me.

I attempted to crawl off his lap but Michael's grip tightened around me and I wasn't able to move.

"Let go of me, asshole. I want to draw you," I begged and Michael reluctantly let go so that I could it in front of him.

He reached forward and laid my legs on his lap so I was practically sitting on his lap again and I had my sketchbook and pencil in my hand. I had most of my drawings and doodles in it and I hadn't used it much on the trip which made me want to use it again now.

"Do you want me to do some type of face or what?" Michael asked and I just shrugged my shoulders. I didn't really care. I just wanted to draw.

Michael crossed his eyes and stuck out his tongue and I laughed at how stupid he looked.

"Let me take a picture of it so you don't have to stay like that," I explained. I took my phone and took the picture quickly before going and opening my notebook to a new page. Michael pulled me back onto his lap and I started sketching out the outline.

It took awhile and a lot of erasing and redrawing and Michael would make fun of me when I messed up badly. He always said funny comments towards certain things and I'd laugh at what he had said. It was about forty minutes later when I finished and Michael squealed. Like a man, of course. He sounded like a preteen getting tickets to Justin Bieber, honestly.

"You're so talented, how do you do it?" Michael asked, looking up from the sheet of paper in his hands.

"I'm not talented in anything else besides this so I'm not exactly sure how it happened," I said, looking at the ground and Michael lifted my head so that I could look at him in the eyes.

"Hey, no being a negative Nancy. You are so much more talented than you know," Michael said before he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine softly.

I blushed as I pulled away and buried my head into his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around me.

"You're such a dork," I mumbled before I pressed a kiss to his shoulder and his grip tightened around me.

"Sophia Rose, I am not a dork if what I'm saying is true. You are very talented," Michael said, kissing the top of my head while I kept my face buried into the crook of his neck.

"You're so relentless Michael Gordon, I actually hate you," I said, shoving him away and started to crawl to the opposite side of the cave but Michael quickly made grabby hands and pulled me back.

"I know for a fact that you don't hate me Sophia Rose, because you for one, can not keep your hands off of me," Michael said, smiling cheekily and I rolled my eyes at him.

"On the contrary Michael Gordon, you're the one groping my butt right now and I have my hands resting I my side," I said, slapping his hand away from my butt and Michael laughed as I wrapped his arms around my torso so that his hands couldn't wander.