Chapter 23

Sophie

☼☼☼

It was easier to get kicked out of my own house than it was to get Michael out of the car at the beach. He had sworn he would take me to the beach while I was in Australia but at the moment he was showing all resistance to even getting out of the car.

"Please Michael, you promised," I said tugging on his arm again, Michael's hands clenched onto the door handle and the headrest of the car as I kept pulling on his legs.

"But I don't want to go outside and get burned," Michael pouted.

"Then why did you make me wake up early to go to the beach when you won't even get out of the car?" I asked, letting him go and crossing my arms in front of my chest.

I really reconsidered our friendship/relationship too much for it to be healthy.

"Fine, fine, but you have to put sunscreen on me every hour and if I even start to peel we are leaving," Michael said, finally getting out of the car. I let out a sigh of relief as he went to the trunk and pulled out out our beach bags we had packed the night before. We left the rest of our luggage in the trunk but we'd be getting it later.

I rolled my eyes at the thought that he had planned going to the beach for two days before but then didn't even get out of the car when we actually got there. The guys had been waiting for us for over an hour and Michael was only setting us back. Ashton had rented out a beach house near where they lives and we were going to be staying there for about four days. I was excited, I loved the beach.

"If you're a good boy, I'll even buy you ice cream one day that we're here," I said sarcastically, following Michael to the actual sand.

"Okay Mommy," Michael responded and I rolled my eyes again. It seemed like getting a sarcastic answer back from Michael was inevitable.

It only took a second before my feet touched the warm sand and that I could feel the ocean breeze lifting my hair up in different directions. Michael led me to a spot secluded off to the side and the rest of the guys were already there.

"I told you they'd be an hour late," Ashton whispered, loudly, making the rest of the guys snicker at my frazzled expression. Michael sat down under the umbrella they had already setup and made sure none of his body was in the sunlight.

"Do you guys not understand how hard it is to drag someone almost a foot taller than you out of a tiny vehicle? No? Okay," I said pouting and the guys just laughed at me.

I huffed as I sat down and Ashton pulled me into his lap.

"Calm down, young one. Next time, just call one of us. We could've gotten him out," Ashton said, patting my hair.

"You're all assholes, I give up," I said, trying to push myself out of Ashton's lap but he held onto me tighter making it just as impossible as getting Michael out of the car.

I was really out of shape but then Ashton was very much in shape, making it even worse. I probably could've gotten out of Michael's grasp but Ashton actually works out so it wasn't even worth trying.

I gave up and fell into Ashton's grasp as he cheered triumphantly.

"Ashton, give her back. She promised to help me with my sunscreen and so far she is failing at her promise," Michael falsely whined, reaching his arms out from underneath the umbrella and making grabby hands towards my general direction.

"What if I don't want to?" Ashton asked with authority in his voice as he pulled me further into his grasp.

"I'll leak your nudes," Michael said bluntly and Ashton quickly shoved me off of his lap and towards Michael.

I huffed as I crawled over to where Michael was, away from his friends, and under the umbrella.

"Can you put sunscreen on my back? I can't reach this one part," he explained, pointing to the general area of his back.

"Do you mean your whole back when you say one part?" I questioned and Michael blushed, nodding his head in embarrassment.

I helped him put on sunscreen as he laid on his stomach and told me a story about something that happened in his Pokemon game on his DS and all I could do was nod and laugh along as if I understood everything that happened.

I finished applying sunscreen and he sat up and quickly pecked my lips.

We hadn't come out as dating to the fans yet but most of them assumed we were dating. There were many pictures of us going out shopping together, or of us going to the tourist attractions in Sydney, or of us cuddling at one of the boy's houses. It wasn't hard to assume but Michael didn't want to tell the whole world just yet.

"I'm going to go swimming. It's too hot to be outside doing nothing," I said, standing up, pulling up my shirt and quickly taking off my shorts.

I didn't have the best "summer body" but technically it was only winter in America so I had an excuse. If it hadn't been for I've skating for so long and being used to eating healthy from that, I would've been very, very obese.

Michael's eyes followed the path of my shorts falling down my legs before he stood up as well.

"I think I'll join you," he said smiling cheekily, and I rolled my eyes.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the water.

"Oh my god, you actually got him out from under the umbrella? I've been trying for years and only because you have boobs you got him out from underneath," Luke said, surprised at seeing his friend in the sun which made me giggle slightly.

"Shut up Luke," Michael grumbled.

"I've never actually seen him in a pool or the ocean before. Congrats Sophie! You've changed him," Calum exclaimed, smiling widely and Michael flicked him off before pulling me away.

My feet burned at the hot sand but at the rate Michael was pulling me towards the water, it didn't hurt as much. We made it to the salt water and I stuck my burned feet into the cool water quickly.

I laughed as he pushed me into the cold water, before soon following. I stood up from where I had been pushed and splashed Michael with water.

"Don't splash me," he said pouting which caused me to do it again.

"I swear to god Soph, don't test me," he said through gritted teeth but there was a playful glint is his eyes.

I waited about twenty seconds after he said that before I splashed him again.

"You asked for it," Michael said before he tackled me and brought me under the water with him.

I shrieked as I went under into the deeper water and Michael wrapped his arms around me, poking at my sides. I squirmed in his grip before finally pushing myself off and getting to the top of the surface again. I couldn't see anything as the bubbles from our motion clouded my eyesight.

Michael followed and wrapped his arms around me when he saw I was too short to reach the bottom. I wrapped my legs around his torso and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I'm so lucky to have you," Michael whispered before pressing his lips to mine. His lips tasted salty but it all just heightened the senses of us being at the beach.

Michael wasn't the lucky one. It was me.

☼☼☼

HELLO LOVELIES. I finished one of my finals early so I decided to take that time and update. I hope you guys enjoy it and yeah. My last day of school is tomorrow and then it's summer! I'm going to be really bored and doing nothing so updates yay!

Read my other stories. Please. I like them more than this one (it's hard to explain) but yeah. I have another Michael one and a Calum one and a Lashton one.

I love you guys. Xx AND THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 50K READS HOLY SHIT I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSE IVE GOTTEN ON THIS STORY AND YEAH

~malumwritings