Chapter 27

Sophie

☼☼☼

Michael's eyes followed me as I made my way out into our hotel room, his eyes landing on my hips as I made my way to get my heels. We were on our way to a New Year's ever party and he was pleasantly surprised when he saw me walk out in a short, dark blue dress. Michael and the whole band had been invited and he had immediately told the invitee that I was coming with them.

"You're not wearing black, what?" Michael asked, his eyes going wide but still scanning my body up and down.

"I decided to try something new," I said, shrugging my shoulders as Michael made his way over to me.

"You look beautiful, I'm so lucky you're mine," he whispered, pressing his lips to mine gently.

I pulled away, allowing our distance to increase and I went to grab my purse and my phone.

"Are you ready to go, babe?" Michael asked, he walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist making me smile widely at the boy next to me.

"Yeah, we can get going," I said and Michael smiled the same way I had earlier next to me.

"The boys and I agreed to meet in the hotel lobby in about ten minutes so we can just go now and wait a bit there," Michael explained, we made our way out of our room and went to the lobby. It was really empty compared to the other day when we had got here; I guess everyone was out partying.

We both sat down on the same chair and Michael started scrolling through Twitter, showing all the nice posts people were posting about us and how "#WeShipMophie" was trending. I was so glad the fans were happy with our relationship or at least the relationship they assumed we had since we hadn't come out as dating yet.

The boys had friends or potential girlfriends that had gotten so much hate that they didn't end up talking anymore and it really upset me that the girls had to stop talking to them because of mean comments from people that didn't truly know the girls or boys were saying. I truly think the only reason why most people are okay with Michael and I dating is because of the fact that we were best friends for so long before that.

"Oh my god, I thought you guys would be the last people down. Multiple times you both have been late to group activities because you guys were making out or God knows what."

We both looked up from Michael's phone to the familiar voice that was talking to us. Ashton was looking down as we say huddled on the couch and he had a small smirk on his face.

"Where are the others, Ash? Aren't you sharing a room with them?" Michael asked, looking to see if Calum and Luke were behind Ashton.

"They're going to meet us there. Luke has to go buy something at the store before they can go to the party," Ashton explained.

"So, it's just going to be us three until they meet us there?" I asked, just wanting a confirmation and I got it when Ashton nodded his head.

"We should leave now if we want to get there early enough and skip traffic," Ashton explained, all three of us left the lobby. It was a chill night but Michael placed his leather jacket on my shoulders making me not really notice the breeze.

His jacket smelled like vanilla and cinnamon, it was a comforting smell making me feel at peace even though I was really anxious for the party tonight.

The cab Ashton had ordered was waiting for us already and we all piled into the back, I in the middle seat since I was smaller and we were on our way to the New Years Eve party. I hoped I wouldn't be left alone.