Chapter 14

Sophie

☼☼☼

"Michael, can you help me maybe?" I asked struggling to zip up my dress.

We were about an hour away from our party starting and I was just getting ready. I should've planned ahead but I had struggled for three hours to get Michael out of his room so I could wrap his presents.

"No, I won't help since you didn't let me open my birthday presents," he said.

I could see him behind me and his arms were crossed and there was a pout on his face.

"Don't be a douche and help me," I whined struggling to reach the zipper.

"No, I like seeing part of your bra anyways," he mused and I reached over to hit him but missed.

"If I let you open one present will you please zip up my dress?" I asked finally giving up. I wanted to be able to be ready by the time people started getting to the place.

The boys were already at the place it was being held at setting up while Michael and I were "getting ready" supposedly. Michael was already dressed in black skinny jeans and a white button-up. His button-up had the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and he had the first few buttons unbuttoned. He had been ready for about an hour and he kept me entertained while getting ready.

He sat on the toilet seat while I was in the shower and he helped me blow dry the parts of my hair I couldn't reach after that.

He walked over and finally zipped up my dress. Before he left he placed a kiss on my cheek and patted my butt.

"You're so cheeky," I said rolling my eyes.

"Present. Now," Michael demanded and I just laughed because he looked like an angry kitten.

I bent down and reached under the bed to pull out one of the presents from under the bed.

"I knew I should've looked under the bed," he muttered causing me to giggle.

"You're such a dork," I said through my giggles and I rolled my eyes.

I looked over and saw him blushing. I'm pretty sure he could see up my dress but since it was Michael I didn't really care.

"But I'm your dork," he said pulling me onto his lap. We were now sat on the bed and I had the present in my hand.

"If you don't like it I can't return it so you better like it," I said smiling cheekily and he laughed.

"Since it's from you I'm sure I'll love it," he said smiling.

He took off the red bow and placed it on my head and then started ripping off the paper. He threw the paper at me and I threw it back but he dodged.

I needed to work on my aim, damn.

Michael shook the box and when he realized he couldn't hear anything he decided to open it.

"If it's a tarantula I'm blocking you on every social media and unfriending you and sending you back to Michigan," Michael muttered.

"Why the fuck would I get you a tarantula? I can barely look at spiders without passing out," I asked.

"Last year, Ashton put a tarantula in a box with a Green Day CD so I had to move the spider to get the CD," Michael grumbled and when he did I couldn't stop laughing.

"Oh my god, did you scream?" I asked still laughing.

"Maybe," he muttered.

He continued opening the box until he stopped moving and kept looking at the object in the box.