Chapter 16

Sophie

☼☼☼

Everyone had a beer in their hand while sitting around the living room. Michael and I had separated ourselves and decided to go to the most important room of the house; the kitchen. We each had a fork in our hand and were casually digging into the cheesecake Michael had bought for my birthday. He had offered it as a partial apology and partial happy birthday cake. This was how I wanted to spend my birthday, not with a giant party.

"I'm so sorry for everything," Michael said, he had said something along those lines at least twice every hour.

I felt bad that he was still so concerned about it, I honestly didn't really care about it. I mean I've said things I regret when we fight.

Like once I didn't talk to Michael for two weeks, but that's a different story.

"Don't worry about it. I know you didn't mean it," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"No, it's not okay," Michael said pouting his lip.

He reached out his arms and motioned for me to sit on his lap. I grabbed my plastic fork and walked over to him. He pulled me down quickly and I moved myself so I was leaning against his chest.

"I can never repay you for the Nirvana guitar. I love it so much. I can't wait until I can set it up in my new man cave. I might actually cry over it. I mean, I did cry over it. I didn't want you to see me cry over a guitar though," Michael said smiling widely.

"Calum did. When I showed him what I got you, he fell to the floor and cried for like ten minutes," I said smiling and Michael rolled his eyes.

"Calum knew what I got before I did?" He asked pouting.

"He went with me to get it and he wanted to know why there was such a big box," I said shrugging my shoulders.

Michael looked so cute and all I wanted to do was kiss the pout away from his lips.

I turned around in my chair and wrapped my arms around him, burying my face into his neck. I placed a soft kiss in the spot where his jawline and neck connected and I continued to sit there playing with his hair softly.

He hummed a song while we sat there quietly. I was so glad I was in the arms of my best friend. I pinched his cheeks and he smiled like a little kid when I did so.

"I have to talk to you about something," Michael spoke up after we had sat in a silence for a few minutes, just listening to the other one breathing and the screams coming from our friends in the living room. They were arguing about god knows what but all I had heard was something about Luke cheating in FIFA, dear lord.

I chewed on the end of my plastic fork anxiously and I started going thinking through everything he would want to talk about.

What the fuck did I say when I was drunk?

Michael squeezed my hand and I looked up into his eyes.

"You texted me something yesterday and I just want to confirm that it's true," Michael said.

"What the hell did I text you?" I groaned burying my face into his chest even more. I could only assume what it was and I was mentally kicking myself. I wouldn't know what it was because I was stupid enough to delete all my text messages. I was stupid when I was drunk.

"You told me that you liked- I mean loved me," Michael said quietly.

He placed a small kiss on my forehead and he lifted my head up by placing his finger on my chin. I looked into his eyes and I'm sure he could see the major blush I had on my cheeks.

"I'm pretty sure I thought I was talking about Mikey Way, you can even ask Calum, I was rambling about him all night. I've felt very My Chemical Romance a-f lately. Like Welcome to the Black Parade is the greatest thing I can listen to. You know he was my first celebrity crush. I'd definitely still tap that ass. I love him a lot. He's the bestest bassist I know. I would let him father my children. I thought I was texting him since he is the only true sex god Mikey. I mean his jawline is to die for," I rambled.

By the way Michael was nodding his head and by the way he had a smirk on his face I didn't think he believed me.

Hell, a 7th grader in their scene phase wouldn't believe me.

"You're getting nervous again," Michael cooed and he pinched my cheek. I slapped his hand away and he pouted.

"Now tell me more about what you like about this Mikey," Michael mused.

"We-well," I stuttered, "I like his hazel green eyes. I love his laugh, oh my god, it's like angels singing. I love his jawline, I'd love to leave hickeys on it. I don't even regret saying that. I love how dedicated and how he's so into the music when he plays on stage."

"He always looks great even if he's just woken up. He has the cutest nose that I would just like to boop everyday. He's always so happy, I love his smile. He also has like the most perfect teeth I've ever seen on a human being. I love his red hair," I started ranting but then Michael cut me off.

"Red hair?" he asked looking at me with a smirk on his face.

Shouldn't he be freaking out? His best friend is practically admitting she is in love with him. I want to bury myself in a deep, deep hole. Or throw myself into an ocean infested with sharks. Or even better, get electrocuted by a giant fence.

"I was thinking about Gerard for a second, whoops," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah sure, Gerard. You're probably the type of girl to date a boy and then date his brother," Michael scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"That only happened once and I didn't know they were brothers! It wasn't even dating, I went on one date with one and like three with the other and he was already ready to propose. I don't do that type of commitment shit so early," I defended myself and Michael laughed. It was like angels singing.

"Yeah, whatever you say," Michael said rolling his eyes.

He lifted me off of his lap, causing a yelp to escape my lips and he sat me down in the chair next to him.

"Who knows, maybe Mikey feels the same way," Michael shrugged.

He placed a kiss to my cheek quickly before quickly joining the others in the living room. I watched him leave while shoving another forkful of cake into my mouth. I was fucked.

☼☼☼

HELLO ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE THAT ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS STORY. I FINALLY UPDATED AND IT DIDNT TAKE TWO WEEKS. I feel accomplished. This was sort of a filler but there's so much going on in the next chapter, yeah.

I started a new story and it's called Come With Me and it's a Calum fic. It's based on like an Echosmith concert I don't know how to explain it. So if you love Echosmith or you just love Calum Hood you should read it. I update it almost every day to every other day since it's a short story.

Also, if you are interested, I have other fanfics up such as a Luke one called 48 Hours and basically I consider it a very sexual book and I don't know how I can write it because I've only ever held hands with a boy once and then I have another Calum one called Two Pieces and that one is like about a band that opens for 5SOS and yeah.

I also think I'm going to do a character ask once this story hits 30k reads. I love you all and thank you for reading this and getting it to over 20k reads. I cried. I love you, okay bye. Xx

~_HeartbreakHemmings