Chapter 8

Sophie

☼☼☼

I pulled at my sleeves nervously. I had spent an hour braiding and re-braiding my hair out of nerves. I was about to get on a plane ride that was going to change my life.

"Hey, don't worry about it," Halen said.

He grunted as he set down my two suitcases beside me. He had spent the last two days helping me pack and make sure I had everything for the two months I was going to spend with them; one month in Australia and one month on tour. If it weren't for Halen, I'd have nothing.

I checked my handbag, for the 100th time that day, to make sure I had everything I needed; my camera, chargers for every electronic thing I had, a few magazines, the 50 Shades of Grey book I was reading at the moment, gum and my laptop.

I was nervous as hell. I was scared on what it was going to be like to meet Michael but I wasn't going to let it affect me. I checked my ticket over and over again to make sure it said what it needed to say:

To: Sydney, Australia

I was flying halfway across the world by myself. I was terrified to say the least. I pulled out my phone from my purse and saw that Michael had texted me. I quickly responded.

From: "sex god" Mikey

ARE YOU AT THE AIRPORT YET?!???

To: "sex god" Mikey

i'm about to go through security

From: "sex god" Mikey

holy fuck holY FUCK HOLY FUCK

From: "sex god" Mikey

are you ready?

To: "sex god" Mikey

i have my waterproof mascara. i'm
ready for anything.

To: "sex god" Mikey

i feel like i'm going to throw up

To: "sex god" Mikey

IM NERVOUS AF RIGHT NOW

From: "sex god" Mikey

don't say "af" that's stupid soz

To: "sex god" Mikey

you're just mad that i'm cal af and not mikey af

From: "sex god" Mikey

I THOYGHT YOU SAID THAT YOU'd STOP RUBBING IT IN MY FACE THAT YOUVE MET MY BEST FRIEND AND NOT ME

To: "sex god" Mikey

soz it slipped out

I put my phone away as I pulled my suitcase into the security line and Halen followed behind me.

"I'll miss you," he whispered.

"You're just mad that you won't have anyone to steal hair products from," I joked a little trying to brighten the mood. Halen was basically the only family I had left. Halen cracked a small smile and pulled me into a hug.

"You were always my favorite sister," he whispered.

"I was you're only sister, you asswipe!" I squeaked pulling away from the hug and hitting him on the arm.

"Sophie, we were having a nice family moment," Halen pouted.

"But you made it sound like I was dying or moving away forever! I'll only be gone two months!" I said defensively and Halen started laughing.

"I'm sorry that I'll miss you when you're on the other side of the world," Halen said.

"If it helps I'll miss you too," I said. I slowly felt myself starting to crumble. I didn't want to cry or else I'd make Halen feel bad.

"Are you nervous for it being your first time flying?" he asked.

"Ugh, don't remind me or I'll feel like I need to throw up even more. I'm more nervous to meet Michael right now," I said.

We went through security and Halen went with me so that we could say goodbye at the gate before the plane left. I had a solid two hours before it'd leave.

I chewed on the corner of my nails and Halen smacked my hand away.
"You'll ruin your recently painted nails," Halen complained.

"Sorry, sorry. Nervous habit," I complained back.

We walked to a Starbucks that was across my gate and we each ordered a drink for while we waited.

"Since I'm your older brother I'm gonna give you some advice, don't come back from Australia pregnant," he said seriously.

I looked over at him with a shocked expression. I thought he was being serious until I saw a grin start to form on his lips.

"Halen, that's not funny!" I squeaked hitting his arm.

"I know you'll be alone with Michael for awhile but that doesn't mean you can have sex during those time periods," Halen said and I giggled.

"Halen! You know Michael doesn't see me like that," I said.

"You never know. I'm just trying to protect my younger sister," he said chuckling.

"I vow to not have sex with Michael Clifford," I said holding up my pinky.

Halen linked his pinky in mine and we shook our hands up in down.

"You better keep that promise until you're 93 and I'm too old to remember this promise," he said.

"No promises," I muttered.

"Sophia!" Halen yelled and I started laughing.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm kidding," I said. Halen through and arm around me and hugged me tighter.

"I'm going to miss you so much," he said. I felt him start to shake and I could tell he was crying. Halen never cried. I started crying too.

"Stop, you're making me get all sappy," I said wiping at my eyes.

"Oh Sophie, we all knew you were going to start crying anyways," Halen said.

"True but I was hoping that it'd happen when I was in Australia," I said laughing a bit.

"Flight 3471 to Sydney, Australia is now boarding," a voice said coming from the intercom.

I pulled Halen into an even bigger hug, pulling me up from my seat.

"You'll have so much fun, Sophie. Don't regret anything you do," Halen said hugging me again.

"Bye Hal," I said.

We hugged again before he pushed me off into the direction of the gate.

I took a deep breath as I tugged my bag closer to me. The lady scanned my ticket and I walked through the gate doors. I got onto the plane and sat in my seat. Michael bought me fucking first class. He had told me about it when we last FaceTimed and I scolded him immediately. I didn't like that he had spent so much money on me.

I pulled out my headphones and my iPod leaning back in my chair and I looked out the window. I was ready for Australia even if it wasn't ready for me.

☼☼☼

SMALL UPDATE OK I LOVE YALL I REACHED 1000 READS AND THIS IS AMAZING BECAUSE I DIDNT EVEN THINK THAT PEOPLE READ THIS STORY IF YOURE READING IT THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY OKAY GIVE ME TWO WEEKS FOR WHEN MARCHING BAND ENDS AND MY UPDATES WILL BECOME MORE FREQUENT. OKAY I LOVE YOU ALL BYE.

~_HeartbreakHemmings