Epilogue

Sophie

☼☼☼

*5 years later*

"Michael f.ucking Clifford, why the f.uck are you dragging me on stage?" I whined as he held my hand; he had run backstage and blindfolded me, saying he had a surprise. I had been backstage chilling with Halen, Valeria, and Feldy but now I was being dragged to God knows where.

"How do you know we're going to the stage?" Michael questioned and I rolled my eyes under the satin cloth that covered them.

"I can hear the crowd get louder. I'm not a dumbass," I explained and I heard Michael chuckle.

"I promise you'll love it," Michael explained.

We were in Detroit, Michigan for a tour stop at the moment, almost five years later from when we had met and now we were in our mid-twenties. We couldn't be happier together and he was still my ray of sunshine after everything that had gone wrong.

Detroit had become the second to last tour stop on any U.S. tour before L.A. since the boys considered it basically a hometown show. Whether it was flying out to Sydney or flying into Detroit, both places had become like a true home to us. The guys were soon finishing their tour and were going to be working on their sixth album and taking a break for a year.

"You have your phone, right?" Michael asked and I responded with a quick yes, unsure on what to say.

I loved Michael but sometimes the surprises he planned would scare me; like the time he took me on a surprise date and set the table cloth on fire. I still loved him though.

I let myself be dragged along the long hallways, feeling the velvet curtain brush against me and finally the crowd cheering even louder.

"Hey guys, so I explained to you that I was going to bring my lovely girlfriend on stage because I have something very, very important to ask her and I thought why not do it in front of the other people I love as well. I'm going to be sending her a text because that's the way our relationship started and hopefully she'll respond positively."

"Michael, again, what the f.uck are you doing?" I asked. I was really nervous. I normally wasn't one to be up in front of 35,000 people and the last time the boys pulled me on stage I cried so I hoped this time it would be different.

Michael, instead of replying, just rolled his eyes and continued typing something on his phone. It felt like four hours later when he finally hit the final key and my phone was going off in my pocket.

~9:30 pm~

From: "sex god" boyfriend

So, eight years ago today, I sent you a message on twitter asking you to be my best friend. I was in a shitty band that wasn't really going anywhere and a godawful fringe that made me look hella emo; you didn't care though. You actually liked talking to me. Three years later we got to meet each other in person and we were instantly glued together, no one could really separate us. I didn't tell you but when I saw you at the airport I felt as if I was going to throw up because you were the prettiest girl I had ever seen. I still think you are. I was so scared to kiss you, and to hold you, and to ask you out on a date but I'm so glad I did. You are my sun, and my moon, and my stars and I would not replace you for anyone in the world (well maybe for John Feldman but that's besides the point). I'm so glad my fifteen year old self decided to grow a pair and direct message you or else we wouldn't be where we are today and I just really love you. We've had our ups and our downs but what couple hasn't? We've gone on so many adventures together and I want to go on so many more. I want you to be in my life forever, until we're old and my hair has fallen out (which at be sooner than later) and we have 27 grandchildren running around the house. Sophia Grace Rose, you are the greatest thing that has happened to me so I have one question, will you change your contact to "sex god" fiancé" instead?