Chapter 1

"Twins have a special bond. They feel safer with each other than their parents" 

- Jeanne Philips

CHAPTER 1

The constant pounding of the door woke him up. He ignored it at first, sleep clouding the source of the irritating noise. There was a long pause and a thick silence fell over the bedroom.

Abir Rajvansh, Elite number 6 in Rajkot woke up to find the early morning light washing over the room, softening the masculine room with a golden glow.

He lay back on the headboard, eyes closed, until the pounding began again.

Abir's eyes opened and he shouted at the door, prepared to terrify the unwelcome visitor into leaving him alone at this unearthly hour. He threw a shirt on himself, and opened the door with a hard vicious pull.

His twin brother, Arjun stood before him, completely dressed and neat as always. He stood outside the door as though it was normal to meet his brother every day at dawn. Abir scowled and Arjun laughed.

Arjun : So you're certainly not a morning person.

Abir : What on earth could possibly bring you here at the crack of dawn, Arjun? I'm tired and wanted some sleep.

Arjun smiled knowingly.

Arjun : So, rumours of Actress Natasha and you being together aren't just rumours are they?

Abir walked into the washroom and began splashing water on his face.

Abir (rolling his eyes) : Tell me why you're here before I throw you out for being an annoying younger brother.

Arjun (chuckling) : Ah, Abir Rajvansh, Elder twin by 15 minutes, The main Elite number 6.... As it happens, That's the reason I've come here at this moment.

Abir lifted his head to meet his brother's gaze as droplets of water coursed down his face.

Arjun : You see, Abir, it appears that we have a sister.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abir : A half sister?

Abir looked at his attorney, a small bespectacled man of about 50. He waited for the man to get over his nervousness and tell him about the circumstances.

Abir had perfected the intimidation tactic in business meetings, poker rooms and other places across Rajkot and expected that it would work quickly to get the little man talking.

He was correct.

Attorney : Well... Mr...

Abir : Oh, For God's sake, spit it out, Pandey! I haven't got all day.

Pandey (wiping the sweat from his brow) : Yes, Mr Rajvansh. The fact is your mother...

Abir : Our mother, if you could call the unloving shrew by such a word abandoned us several years ago, more than two decades at least. What on Earth does she have to do with this? How do you even know if this girl is our sister? Maybe she's simply trying to latch on to the Elite.

Pandey : Excuse me, Mr Rajvansh, but she has no reason to lie. Her father was an extremely wealthy Italian merchant. She has her own money. She does not need yours.