Chapter 9

"Attraction is the temporary love but love is the permanent attraction"
- Google

CHAPTER 9

Mishti : Well, Are you going to play the role of my guardian angel or not?

Abir blinked again to see that she had walked in front. He picked up the pace and walked quietly besides her.

Something had happened to him. He was sure of it. Never had he been at a loss for words before. Something was wrong and Mishti Singhania was the cause of his abnormal feelings now.

Abir (thinking) : What is happening to me?

Mishti (exasperated) : Mr Rajvansh?

Abir cursed inwardly and began walking towards her. They set off, walking side by side towards Singhania Nivas.

Abir (curiously) : Why did you come here tonight anyways?

Mishti glared at him before rolling her eyes.

Mishti : Didn't I already tell you?

Abir : Well yes. But that doesn't mean I believe you.

Mishti : What is there not to believe?

Abir (dryly) : I came out to a non Elite pub to drink whiskey even though I have better whiskey in my own house isn't unbelievable at all.

Mishti : Of all the..

She stopped in her tracks and held Abir's hand stopping him as well. He looked at her in surprise, then let out a stifled grunt as she poked him in the chest hard.

Mishti : You, Mr Rajvansh, are utterly arrogant and condescending, not to mention behaving like a nincompoop and...

Abir ( chuckling): Want to tell anymore big words, Miss Singhania?

Mishti (glaring at him) : What if I want to?

Abir : Well, I would tell you that you should not be cursing me as I just helped save your reputation.

Mishti : Mr Rajvansh! Why on Earth do you feel the need to take care of my reputation?

Abir (his eyes haughty) : You are my sister's role model. I can't have you getting into trouble.

Mishti : If you have such a big problem with me, Then why don't you ask someone else to tutor your sister?

Abir's lips settled into a thin line.

Abir : Anya trusts you and considers you her friend. I cannot have you abandon her now. There's too much at stake and too little time.

Mishti (quietly) : So you're here to protect my reputation, Is it? Do you consider almost ravishing me in my house as part of the protection too?

Abir's mind wandered to earlier that night when he almost kissed her in the corridor and he knew he didn't want to stop with just kissing. He flushed darkly.

Abir : You're absolutely right, Miss Singhania. I would like to apolo....

Mishti (fiercely) : Don't you dare apologise. I knew what I was doing and I am not a kid, who you can take advantage of....

She stopped and Abir nodded in silent assention. They continued walking towards her house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------