Chapter 7

Hey everyone, thanks for completing the target 🤍🤍

I know you all are feeling bad about mishti being thought of as less than perfect but that's the premise of this story... She will gain confidence. Besides she's the only one who keeps referring to it. Abir will give her the confidence to be better so please bear with it

--------------------------------------------------------------

"The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it"
- Oscar Wilde

CHAPTER 7

As Abir led Mishti to the middle of the dance floor, She couldn't help but notice everyone shooting her shocked looks. She could imagine their thoughts : Abir Rajvansh had actually appeared at an Elite event and was dancing with a nobody?

She turned to her side and saw her mother looking at her absolutely gobsmacked while her sister, who was standing with her beamed at Mishti.

Mishti (muttering softly) : Great, even my own mother is surprised.

Abir : I'm sorry?

Mishti shook her head as Abir took her in his arms and they began swaying to the music.

Abir : I am pretty sure you told something.

Mishti shrugged nonchalantly, hoping it would seem like a lighthearted move.

Mishti : Everyone is avidly looking at us, Mr Rajvansh.

Abir : Because I'm attending an Elite event? I thought it essential to make appearances for Anya's sake. Anyways, Why weren't you dancing?

Mishti considered his question for a moment before replying.

Mishti : I did dance with Naksh and Kunal. As for the others, it's been years since I did.

Abir (frowning) : But why?

Mishti : The ones who did ask me were fortune hunters or they... they liked me only for my exterior if you know what I mean. It seemed easier to stop dancing as a whole.

Abir : And which category do I fall into, Miss Singhania?

Mishti (flashing him an amused smile) : Neither one, I suppose. Although your reputation precedes you.

He raised one brow.

Abir : Oh?

Mishti blushed, her cheeks a pretty pink. Who asked her to go and open her stupid mouth? And why couldn't she be one of those girls who knew how to flirt and impress men?

Abir spoke, a teasing tilt to his voice.

Abir : Come on, Miss Singhania! Don't tell me you're backing off now. Let me hear about my so called nefarious reputation.

She met his eyes, noting the challenge there.

Mishti (lightly) : Alright then. Is it true that you jumped from the first floor onto a rose bush in the middle of the night in your girlfriend's house?

Abir looked at her shocked. But he soon recovered and amusement flashed in his eyes.

Abir : As a gentleman, I don't think I should confirm or deny this allegation.

Mishti (raising her eyebrows) : As a gentleman, shouldn't you definitely deny the occurrence?

Abir laughed, real pleasure in his tone. He smiled, a wicked grin, and Mishti was thankful for the companionable silence that fell between them, for she was not certain she could find words in the face of his rare smile and laugh. She lost herself in the dance, in the sound of the music, in the sway of their bodies. If this was to be her only dance with him, she wanted to remember every moment. She closed her eyes, allowing Abir to guide her around the room, and Mishti became keenly aware of his hand touching her waist, the brush of his legs against her own as they swirled across the floor. After several moments, she became disoriented and opened her eyes, uncertain whether the source of her disorientation was the movement or the man. Meeting Abir's eyes, she accepted the truth.