Chapter 10

"Brothers and sisters can say things to each other than no one else can"

- Gregory E Lang

CHAPTER 10

Mishti closed the back door as quietly as she could and quickly entered the main hall taking care to close the connecting door as well. She was late. More than she had expected. Everyone had left and the hall was empty. She tiptoed her way to the staircase when a voice stopped her.

Naksh : Where on Earth are you coming from, Rhea?

Mishti winced, but quickly recovered. She turned around to look at her brother, who did not return her innocent smile.

Mishti : What do you mean?

Naksh : Oh no, you don't. You can't get away by acting innocent tonight. I already know you weren't at home for almost two hours now. So where were you? Were you alone? Don't you know it's not safe in the night?

Mishti : Calm down.

Naksh (frustrated) : My sister had been missing for almost two hours. Do you think I can calm down?

Mishti paused and considered whether she could just run to the top and thus, escape this conversation. Unfortunately, He knew her and immediately caught hold of her arm.

Naksh : No way, Sister. First you tell me where have you been? Just be grateful Ma didn't find out.

Mishti sighed but knew she had no way out. She followed her brother to his study; The same place where a few days ago he had opened her eyes to adventure and risks.

She dropped her stole and pushed the chair behind to sit when Naksh let out a shocked exclamation.

Mishti (confused) : What happened?

Naksh : What the hell are you wearing? That's not yours. Who did you borrow it from? What if someone Elite saw you?

Mishti : Do you honestly think I'll allow myself to be seen like this, Naksh? I was very careful and safe.

Naksh (glaring and crossing his arms) : So, where were you this evening?

Mishti : I was here for Kunal's and Kuhu's engagement, Ofcourse.

Naksh (his voice grim) : Rhea!

Mishti sighed and tried to evade his question once more.

Mishti : I went out.

Naksh : Out?

Mishti : Yes, I find it wonderful to be outside, Don't you?

Naksh : Mishti Rhea Singhania, Will you stop beating around the bush and tell what you did wearing such an outfit? Where did you get it from, anyways?

Mishti : I won't tell you.

Naksh : Probably Jasmeet Aunty. I should tell Ma about this, You know.

Mishti (scowling) : Don't you dare. Jasmeet aunty practically raised all of us.

Naksh : Then tell me where you went tonight?

He sat down on the table and gave her an intimidating look. Though it didn't work on her, Mishti knew she couldn't leave until she had told him the entire truth.

Mishti : The twin sins.

Naksh gave her a flabbergasted look that was so comical that Mishti wanted to chuckle but she suppressed the urge as Naksh's expression turned into one of outrage.