Chapter 21

"She is my home;
He is my adventure"
- Unknown

CHAPTER 21

Mishti didn't know what Abir wanted to do. But she knew what she wanted. And so, She initiated the kiss this time. She pulled him closer and brought his lips to hers. With a groan, Abir caught hold of Mishti and rolled sideways so that he would be on the bottom and bearing her weight.

The kiss was tentative at first, but then, she grew more daring and kissed him with all she had. Mishti realised that though Abir had twisted their positions, he had done nothing more than that. This was her kiss. He was kissing her back but she was in control of it.

The realisation made her stop. She pulled back from Abir though she couldn't get up with him holding her close. Their eyes met and Abir gave her another of his bewitching smiles.

Abir : That was a wonderful welcome.

Mishti tried to move, but Abir still held her firm against him. He caught some of her strands and twisted them slowly, their eyes never wavering. But finally, Mishti placed a hand on his cheek and whispered.

Mishti (whispering) : Abir!

Abir blinked.

Abir : Yes?

Mishti : Let me go. I must be heavy.

Abir smiled at that. Mishti didn't weigh a thing. But he did let go of her and she stood up, straightening her hair as she did so. She watched him get up as well and made his tie again.

After ten minutes, they were ready. Mishti wearing a black T Shirt with dark jeans and her brother's enormous coat so that they would cover her chest. Her hair was tucked into a bun and she wore the hoodie that was present in the coat.

Mishti : What do you think?

Abir shook his head and shrugged.

Abir : I think you still look like a girl.

Mishti : Oh wow! I wonder why that is. Let me see, Maybe it's because I am a girl. Stop scowling. You know as well as I do, that they do allow women inside. I don't see why I can't come like myself. I could disguise myself a little.

Abir : NO!

Mishti stared at him perplexed.

Abir : I don't take women to the Poker House, Mishti. If I interact with women there, which I almost never do, it would be someone who was already attending.

Mishti looked at him exasperated.

Mishti : As much as I would love to hear about your amorous exploits, I don't want to waste any more time. Now, Can we go?

Abir : Sure! Wait. Here's your voucher.

Mishti took the ticket that he handed over and gasped in shock.

Mishti : Rs 20000? I thought we weren't gambling in the actual tables.

Abir : We aren't going to be gambling with anyone.You aren't even to talk to anyone, You understand?

Mishti : What are we doing there then? What, Am I just going to gamble with you? I told that to Kuhu but I never imagined it would turn out to be true.

Abir smiled and nodded.

Abir : Precisely. I have a room booked which is why the fare is so high. But you cannot afford to get caught. So you will do nothing more than enter the place and come with me to the room. Ok?

Mishti : But..

Abir shook his head firmly.

Abir : No, Mishti. We need to be careful and I will not have you or your reputation gossipped about. Do you understand?