Chapter 16

"It's a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them that you're hurt"
- Tom Gates

CHAPTER 16

Mishti noticed Anya glaring at her and she immediately tried to look away so that Anya wouldn't succeed.

Kuhu (whispering) : She looks ready to murder you.

Mishti : I can't help it. Her brother insisted that she teach us how to waltz. How did I know he had also called Mr Simon Patel to supervise?

The two sisters turned to watch Anya argue with Mr Patel as he tried to teach poor Kunal how to twirl the lady.

Anya : Mr Patel, I must tell you...

Simon : Madam! I know you're from Italy and may have a different manner of waltzing. However, your brother asked me to teach them. You're merely cramping my style.

Arjun : Ouch! She won't like that.

Mishti turned behind to look at Arjun Rajvansh, who was grinning at the sight of his sister muttering to herself in Italian.

Mishti (smiling gently) : No, she won't. Can you blame her? She knows the dance in and out. Yet, Mr Rajvansh has called in another.

Arjun : Sometimes, Only Abir understands himself. I agree it was ludicrous to bring in Simon Patel.

Though her heart missed a beat when Arjun mentioned Abir's name, Mishti was extremely glad that this was the Rajvansh she had to meet today.

Anya came towards them and sat down after glaring at Kuhu, who went to practice dancing with Kunal.

Anya : If that man comes in here again or mentions anything about me not knowing the dance properly, I will not be responsible for my actions.

Mishti looked at her sympathetically. She placed a reassuring arm on Anya's hand and squeezed it. She turned towards Arjun and silently asked him to do something to calm down.

Arjun : Come on, Anya. Let Simon deal with the lovebirds. You teach me to dance.

Anya : Really? Who are you going to dance with?

Arjun : The lady sitting next to you, Ofcourse.

Mishti : Me?

Arjun : Why not? You'll dance during Kuhu's wedding as well, Right? So you should get some practice as well.

Anya (happily) : Alright then. You're the best brother, Arjun.

Arjun (grinning) : My favourite words. I'm going to record it and play it on a loop for Abir to hear it.

Mishti chuckled and stood as Arjun gathered her into his arms as Anya recited the steps to properly waltz.

Arjun : My Goodness!

Mishti : What happened?

Arjun : One would think, with all the Elite parties that are present, We would be familiar with dancing. However, My sister is giving completely different instructions.

Mishti (laughing) : We have been doing it wrong all these years.

Arjun (pouting) : I thought I was highly skilled in dancing.

Mishti : Sure, you are. Once Anya teaches us, You can be an expert at this as well. You can put on your own show. The Rajvansh show. Anya and Arjun as dancers while their eldest brother shows off his skills as a first rate pianist.

Arjun : I don't think.... Wait! How do you know Abir is a superb pianist?

Mishti hedged, desperate for an escape from the question.