Chapter 28

Before starting the chapter, I just wanted to mention that I am not going to set targets anymore. 

I only want feedback on what you think is happening and what might happen next and what you felt. Just one sentence makes my day and I really appreciate those who always take the time to comment regularly and give such insightful comments helping me understand your POV about the chapter. Thank you so much for that. 

 I am very glad that you all love this book but I also want to improve my skills and story so please do take the time to give proper feedback for that. I hope you'll consider my request and once again, thank you for the love for this story. <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my love to marry me" 
- Sir Winston Churchill

CHAPTER 28

Abir pushed open the library door and found her immediately in the dim light. She was sitting in a swivel chair, her legs in a sidesaddle position, her chin resting on her hand. She seemed to be looking at a photo of her parents on the wall. Her back facing him, he walked up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. She stiffened.

Mishti : Abir?

Abir drew his hand back, surprised that she could sense his touch and watched as she spun her chair around to face him. Her face mirrored his expression as she told his name once more.

Mishti : What are you doing here? Naksh is still up. He might know you are here.

Abir : Woh.. I spoke to Naksh and then came here. I told him everything.

Mishti : You WHAT?

Abir watched her horror-struck face and he kneeled down and held her hands.

Abir : I had to.

Mishti : You told him....

Abir : Everything. And he is in on my side, I'm afraid.

Mishti : How could you do that, Abir?

Abir : You gave me little choice, my temptress. I tried to stay away. But there are some things I must say.

Mishti tried to remove her hands from his grasp and get up, but his hand cupped her face and she couldn't help lift her eyes to his.

Abir (softly) : You cannot make these kind of decisions alone, Mishti. You need to give me a chance to explain myself. You... You love me. You said you do and you did not give me a chance to acknowledge it or to react. You need to let me explain myself to you.

Mishti squeezed her eyes shut and groaned in embarrassment.

Mishti : I can't believe I told you that.

Abir : I won't let you take it back, you know.

Mishti smiled and opened her eyes and Abir was breathtaken by the look in them. She bent down and rested her forehead against his.

Mishti : I don't take it back.

Abir drew back and stood up.

Abir : Good. Now, Please, listen to what I have to say.

He didn't know where to begin.

Abir : I... I....

Mishti : Abir?