Chapter 25

"You don't die from a broken heart. You only wish you did" 

- Google 

CHAPTER 25

Trying to squash this feeling of inadequacy, Mishti stood and decided to wait outside for Anya and Kuhu but a hand caught hers and she turned around to face Natasha.

Natasha : I think it's time that Abir's girlfriends had a conversation with each other.

Mishti : Excuse me? I'm not his girlfriend.

Natasha : But you'd like to be.

Mishti looked at the woman as she turned to see the mirror that covered an entire wall and adjust her fittings properly. She wondered what Natasha wanted. Why was she talking about these matters? And now that she had, what answer would she give?

Mishti looked at the door longingly, hoping someone would come and she could ignore Natasha. Her prayers were answered as KP walked in holding Mishti's lehenga in her hands.

KP : So, here's your lehenga. How do you like it?

Mishti stared at the lovely dress with delight. The lehenga was stitched with shimmery gold lace to give it a two dimensional effect with the existing blue cloth. There was no string to tie the lehenga. Instead it was a pull on skirt with shimmery gold beads set to accentuate Mishti's fair waist. The blue blouse was designed simply having just a sleeveless strap. To complete the outfit was a shimmery gold dupatta embellished by small blue roses. In short, it was everything Mishti could hope for.

Mishti itched to hold it and sink into the beautiful dress. KP smiled knowingly and showed her to an empty room where Mishti quickly changed. KP looked pleased as she walked a slow circle around Mishti, noting each minute detail of the outfit. Satisfied, she met Mishti's wide-eyed gaze, and nodded.

KP : Now, out into the fitting room and we shall have a closer look.

Mishti walked back into the fitting room to see Natasha still standing there watching her outfit being properly altered. Pushing the sense of insecurity that consumed her, Mishti looked at the mirror and blinked.

She shook her head. She'd never seen herself this way—thoroughly transformed from prim and plain to...well, quite remarkable.

Her breasts were perfectly highlighted by the low cut of the gown, looking lush and full without appearing vulgar, the drape of the satin over her curving waist and hips and stomach made her appear well proportioned rather than too plump, and the color—the most lovely, shimmering blue she'd ever seen, gave her the best and most natural complexion she could ever hope for.

A smile broke out on her face. KP had been right. This dress did make her look like a fairy princess. Mishti couldn't resist spinning in excitement toward the dressmaker.

Mishti : It's absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much.

KP beamed and left the room to bring some thread and needles to fix the few negligible faults in the dress. Mishti noticed that she had been left alone with Natasha once again, but she didn't think it would matter now. KP would soon be back.

Natasha : That looks lovely on you.

Mishti (smiling) : Thank you. Your dress is lovely too.

Natasha smiled as well.

Natasha : Abir will go mad when he sees you in that dress.

Mishti blushed, looking away, and Natasha laughed. The sound wasn't mean-spirited, as Mishti would have expected, but entertained.