Chapter 11

"Happiness is shopping with friends... Using your brother's money"
- Tara S

CHAPTER 11

Few days later, Mishti stood in front of Rajvansh Mansion, waiting for Anya so that they could go shopping.

If there was one thing that Mishti hated, it was shopping. So, she had brought Kuhu, who absolutely loved it. Not to mention, Kuhu was very excited to meet Anya.

Kuhu : Is she really half Italian? Does she talk in Italian? Does she know hindi? In what language do I talk? Oh My God, I can't believe I'm actually going to meet Anya Rajvansh.

Mishti : You're not. You're going to meet Anya Bella Gupta.

Kuhu : Oh yes. I keep forgetting that she's not an Rajvansh. Speaking of which, I've never come here before. Is the inside better than our house? He is Elite Number 6 after all.

Mishti (exasperated) : Kuhu Singhania! One would think you're in first standard and not someone's betrothed. Why are you so excited?

Before Kuhu could answer, the gates opened and a breathless Anya came and stood in front of them.

Mishti (surprised) : Did you come running here?

Anya nodded, trying to catch her breath.

Anya : I didn't want to be late. I knew your sister was coming. So, when I realised you were already here, I came running.

Mishti (smiling) : Well, Here she is, then. Anya, My sister Kuhu. Kuhu, This is Anya.

Anya looked at Kuhu slightly nervously and murmured a small hi. But Kuhu stepped forward and hugged her tightly.

Kuhu : Mishti never stops talking about you. I feel like I've known you forever.

Mishti saw Anya's face relax and she smiled. Regardless of Anya's brave face, Mishti knew that she feared rejection. Her heart went out to the young girl and she smiled, proud of her sister.

Mishti : Well! Are you both going to keep talking or shall we get going to the shops? We have to buy salwars, sarees with proper blouses, petticoats for the sarees, also few lehengas and some more kurtis. You have very less.

Anya (her eyes wide) : But I'm not going to stay here for a long time. What will I do with that many Indian clothes? It'll feel very weird to wear them in Italy.

Mishti shared a look with Kuhu, then turned towards Anya and shrugged.

Mishti : Maybe. But when your brother is buying all these for you, Why do you want to refuse his gifts?

Kuhu (cheekily) : Don't forget, Your brothers have twenty years of gifts due you.

Anya : But...

Kuhu : Not to mention, You have no idea just how many parties and functions the Elite attend. I'm sure you'll wear everything we buy at least once before you actually leave.

Mishti (putting her arm around Anya) : Don't feel bad and don't worry. Just enjoy today.

Kuhu : Anyways, It wouldn't hurt if you created a dent in the Rajvansh finances.

Mishti (shocked) : Kuhu!

Kuhu (wide-eyed) : It's true. Abir and Arjun Rajvansh are as rich as King Midas was.

Mishti : It's rude to talk about others' finances.

Kuhu : Pish-Posh. Let Mishti be, Anya. We'll have fun today.

Mishti rolled her eyes and chuckled as the other two laughed.

Mishti : Now can we get going?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------