Chapter 29

"You are beautiful, you are worth it and you are irreplaceable.
Don't ever forget it."
- Google

CHAPTER 29

Abir : Mishti. Which one came first?

Mishti moved forward until she could hide her face in his chest and then she said the word.

Mishti : Kissing.

Abir's breath caught as he stared at her hair, the only portion visible to him.

Abir : The night you came to Rajvansh Mansion?

Mishti looked up and nodded.

Abir : Why me?

He'd asked the question in his bedroom that night, and she'd answered with a half-truth. But tonight, the day they were beginning their new life together, Mishti found that she did not want to lie. She wanted him to know her. Even if it risked everything.

Mishti : Because I wanted it to be you. From the beginning. I wanted my first kiss to be with you.

The words, so raw and gentle, said without any sort of apprehension struck Abir's heart.

Abir (quietly) : The other day, the day you shouted at me in Rajvansh Mansion on Anya's behalf, you said It had always been me. What does that mean?

Mishti straightened and looked away. Just as Abir thought she was not going to answer, she cleared her throat.

Mishti : I've loved you for years. More than I think was appropriate. Even before I really knew you.

Abir : How?

Mishti : We met once, long ago. I was young and you were so sweet... I couldn't help but fall for you. You're rather difficult to ignore.

Abir held her cheek, bringing her gaze back to his once again.

Abir : Why do I not remember?

Mishti : It was years ago, Abir and well, I was someone no one noticed.

A ghost of a smile flashed and her gaze fell to his chest, where her fingers idly stroked the button of his shirt. He captured her hand, stilling it, and forced her to meet his eyes.

Abir : I don't know why I never noticed you, but I can only tell that I regret the years that we could have had together.

She caught her breath at the words, so honest, so forthright. His eyes returned to the paper. He shifted Mishti so that her back touched his chest and they both could glance at the list.

Abir : You know Mishti, You've not crossed few items on this list.

Mishti : Yes, I know. I have to cross off gambling. Will you give it to me now?

Abir : No Mishti. I'm not talking about that. You need to understand that you're the most beautiful woman I've ever known.

Mishti sighed and moved away from his grasp, but Abir placed his palm on her cheek and touched his head to hers.

Abir : You can't deny it forever, my Goddess. You are so beautiful and the best part about your beauty is that you don't even see it. You have a sparkle, Mishti. You're so innocent that it takes away my breath. You're not just a woman, Mishti. You're a temptress, a Goddess. My Goddess.

Tears sprang to her eyes at the words-words she desperately wanted to believe. Abir wiped her tears and turned her around to face him.

Abir : It's not easy to break away from years of conditioning, Mishti, but always know this, there's no one more beautiful than you, sweetheart. And I regret that we lost so many years together. I really wish I had taken proper notice before.