Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17

Abir looked at Arjun, who was staring at him with a disapproving eye. Abir handed him a glass of whiskey, then scowled at him.

Abir : Just spit out what you want to say.

Arjun : You shouldn't have spoken like that to Anya.

Abir : Did you see how she acted?

Arjun : She's not 12, Abir. She's nearly 21 and you have to learn that....

Abir : Exactly my point. She's 21 but she doesn't act like it.

Arjun : How is she supposed to act then?

Abir : Well, not like this anyhow.

Arjun : Tell what you like. You were in the wrong today. When Anya had told them that she would teach everyone how to dance, how could you go and ask someone else as well? Don't you think that would have hurt her? Don't you trust her?

Abir : This has nothing to do with trust. Why are you mixing things up?

Arjun : If you were in better mood, You would understand what I mean. Tell me, Why are you in such a foul mood?

Abir took a sip of his drink and closed his eyes. He saw Mishti holding Arjun as they danced and he opened his eyes to face Arjun's knowing ones.

Arjun : Could it be because you saw Mishti and I dance together?

Abir (annoyed) : She's Miss Singhania to you, and no, This has nothing to do with that.

Arjun (grinning) : So there is a "this" ?

Abir : Arjun!

Arjun : Abir!

Abir rolled his eyes and decided to ignore his brother's presence. He had nearly succeeded when Arjun opened his mouth again.

Arjun : Don't you want to know what Mishti, Oh.. I'm sorry.. .Miss Singhania and I were talking about?

Abir : No.

Arjun : Too bad. We were talking about you, actually.

Abir narrowed his eyes.

Abir : Me?

Arjun : She was speaking rather eloquently of your piano skills. Said you were excellent.

Abir controlled his features into remaining a stern expression even though he was exorbitantly pleased that Mishti had paid him a compliment.

Arjun : How did she know?

Abir blinked. Had Arjun said something?

Abir : I'm sorry?

Arjun : How did she know you play the piano? There's one in your room and nowhere else. You don't play in the day, only the night. So, how did she know?

Abir : I have no idea. Perhaps Anya told her.

Arjun sighed.

Arjun : You may lie all you want, Abir. But there's only one way she could have found out and that was listening to you play in the bedroom. And the only reason she would have been in your bedroom is if you two were...

Abir's eyes flashed dangerously.

Abir : We two were?

Arjun looked at him straight and ignored Abir's expression.

Arjun : If you two were sleeping together.

Abir : How dare you? Do think before speaking. This is Mishti we're talking about. Do you really think I'd do something like this with her?