CHAPTER 15

King John's face was scrunch into an expression of disgust as a malodorous scent wafted into his nostrils.

"What's that smell?" The scent of blood and rotten flesh was thick in the air and John had the sudden urge to vomit. He snatched a piece of cloth from his pocket and placed it over his nose. The scent was so heavy that it made his head swing.

"My king," praised Harold.

"Harold, glad to see you back so soon...," John crawled taking in his appearance. "....With not even a single scratch," Then his eyes settle on the the bloodied white cloth in his hands.

"We found one my king! I know how to weaken them. Turmeric...," he said.

"Turmeric? That kills them?" Asked the king.

"Unfortunately, no my king, but it does weaken them," Harold informed John. His voice was gentle but his eyes were hard. He despised the king who sat on the throne... his throne. He could control his singing cells from wanting to end the life of John right then and there. It took a mountain of effort to detain his envy and compose himself.

"Is that.....?" The king dragged.

"Yes my king! The head of the beast!" Harold Exasperated proudly as he stood up straighter puffing out his chest. Still standing at a reasonable distance he outstretched his hand that held the severed head and used his other hand to remove the cloth. John audibly gagged and step away from the thrown and backed up covering his nose from the god-awful scent.

His eyes fell upon the head and he frowned. "It's a wolf, Harold." He voice was dull.

What trickery was this? He thought.

"No my Lord, it really is the beast. They can shift and this werewolf did not evolve into its Supreme capacity," he lied convincingly.

"Very well Harold! You have done splendidly! Let's celebrate the return of peace to our kingdom!" John joyfully yelled, stepping forward John was going to thank him with a kind hug but abruptly stepped back as a waft of the unpleasant smelled wafted to his nostrils.

"Oh, please... get rid of that vile thing will you," he said before walking around Harold and out of the throne room. Leaving Harold staring at the throne.

"You will be mine..."

------
Word Count: 385