Chapter 17

The next morning the king and his new savior Tim, along with Tim's sister Hanna were hurrying to get to the kingdom for safety.

Drained and staggering they approached the gates of the kingdom, luckily the soldiers saw them from the high gates and sent a group of soldiers to bring the king into to kingdom before he collapsed. Once he was brought into the kingdom he was given the attention of everyone. As he passed different rooms to get to his he noticed something different about the kingdom but couldn't immediately point it out.

"Who are you two?!" Demanded a soldier. The king, in utter exhaustion, turned towards the soldier who had his finger poured in Tim's face and said.

"They are with me. Stop yelling! Take care of them, show them their rooms, feed and clothe them. Thank you" and with the help if one of the maids, John walked towards his bedroom. Seeing how injured the king was, the maid called the Kings doctor and he placed John, Tim and Hanna on bed rest.

Ignoring the doctors orders, Tim had no intention on staying in the castle. For all he wanted to do was set out to find his father in Hope's that he was still alive.

"What are you doing, Tim?" Hanna asked with furrowed brows.

Tim slid off the chair after slipping on his shoes and shrugged on a light coat.

"I am going to find our father," he answered flatly.

"Tim, please no... It's very dangerous out there."

Hanna continued to beg him not to go in fear of losing her brother for she had already lost so much already, but it was clear that his heart was set on finding his father and there was no room for objections.

The king, seeing he could not change the mind of Tim eventually allowed him to go but not unarmed. John gave to him the best swords, arrows and armored horse in the kingdom to set out on his journey into the unknown.

That same day Tim set out on his journey to find his father and kill the beasts. His heart held rage and his eyes, oh his eyes... they told a story. He wanted vengeance.

If only he knew what he was about to get himself into.

**********************************

Tim went into the forest and was riding for hours until he came across a woman on her knees, her face was covered by her hair so with hesitant steps he came off his horse wanting to help the woman who looked a mess, but when he touched her and she looked up at him. Goosebumps rose up on his skin, his stomach churned and his throat tightened.

He felt sick.

She had no eyes, dried blood trailed down from the sockets and Oh.. The sockets, he could see the decaying flesh wiggling before little worms emerged. Afraid and disgusted he jumped back on his horse and started riding away quickly. When he gained enough distance he allowed a breathe if relief to escape his lips, his eyes travelling down to the neck of his horse. He took his hand and lightly patted the horse before looking back up, only to find the woman standing a few feet away facing them. His heart dropped and his blood ran cold. Not only was she missing eyes, her mouth... she had no mouth! The place where Her lips should be was covered with a thin layer of skin. His body shook at the abnormal sight, he forced his horse to move faster. As he speed past her he heard the evil chuckle that came from Her throat.

Believing that he finally got away from her he slowed down, but then he realised something. Slowly he lifted his head, his body froze. There she stood facing him, her mouth was back and she was grinning at him. Her eyes leaked blood and she stood right in his path.

He inhaled deeply before coming off of his horse. He decided to approach the woman with no eyes once again. He was even more hesitant.

"Why are you following me?" He asked but all she did was cackle at him.

She lifted a dainty finger and pointed at a little wood house behind the trees.

He lifted a brow in confusion before wondering of towards the house, completely forgetting the creepy woman.

He decided to go in to see if the wolves were inside the house and as he walked into the house slowly with his sword in his hand he came across the witch. When he approached her she turn around and it was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen but wondered what she was doing so far into the forest.

She looked at him.

"You seem conflicted," she says. "I can give you whatever it is that your heart desires, you only have to ask..." She trailed her hand down his chin.

"Who are you and where are u from? What are u doing here? there's a wolves in these woods... They can kill y--," but then he remembered the woman with no eyes outside. Realizing she's not what she appears to be he took his sword putting it to her neck.

"Show me the path to the wolves den," he ordered but she only laughed.

"To fight the supernatural you'll have to become the supernatural!!! I can give you that power!" She said.

Pressing the bladed a little harder against her neck Tim replied, "I'll kill them all with my bare hands!"

This only made the witch laugh harder. "You have no idea what you'll be up against. If u really want to save your father you'll need me!"

Realizing he didn't even tell her about his father it was clear she know more than she was letting on.

He took his sword harder against her neck. "If you want to live you'll tell me what you know," Gretel smiles knowing he's underestimating her she was eager to show him her true power.

Easily coming out of his grip she stepped a few feet away from him and without coming close to him she picked him up with an invisible force.

"Are you afraid? Because you should be....," she said menacingly.

Thank you so much for reading everyone!!

WORD COUNT: 1055